Shoutbox

Chat Logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Chat Logs (/showthread.php?tid=85320)

Chat Logs by NeSsiKa on 08-11-2008 at 02:13 AM

Okay. i hate when msg plus live doesnt save everything in the convo. Is there some way to fix this? It annoys the hell outta me. >.>

RE: Chat Logs by CookieRevised on 08-11-2008 at 05:13 AM

What _exactly_ doesn't it save?
When _exactly_ does it happen?
Can you reproduce it?

What is your Messenger version?
What is your Messenger Plus! version?
What is your OS version?

Please give details when reporting or suggesting stuff.

And please post in the proper subforum as you're been told on the index page.
Also search before making a post. Chances are extremely high there is already a thread about your problem/suggestion.

;)

RE: Chat Logs by Adeptus on 08-11-2008 at 05:26 AM

The OP is most likely referring to group conversations involving more than two people.  They get logged somewhere -- in the message log for one of the participants -- but not necessarily where you'd expect.

RE: Chat Logs by Spunky on 08-11-2008 at 06:12 AM

No, sometimes I get it too. It's usually if you exit messenger before it's had chance to save or something...

RE: Chat Logs by twigboy on 09-01-2008 at 10:24 AM

i notice it on my work computer alot
because i reply to people and close it immediately

it only seems to save the logs if i leave the window open for some time

RE: Chat Logs by Erik456 on 09-29-2008 at 05:45 PM

I've had this problem as well, and it occurs almost exclusively in offline-messaging chats.

That is, I've disabled the "immediately display offline messages as they arrive" setting in msn, and if I sign in and such messages arrive, I can read them but they're not saved in any chat logs (I think this is resolved as soon as I reply -- my text and subsequent messages are usually saved (but not always, I think)).

RE: Chat Logs by Mnjul on 09-29-2008 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Erik456
I've had this problem as well, and it occurs almost exclusively in offline-messaging chats.

That is, I've disabled the "immediately display offline messages as they arrive" setting in msn, and if I sign in and such messages arrive, I can read them but they're not saved in any chat logs (I think this is resolved as soon as I reply -- my text and subsequent messages are usually saved (but not always, I think)).

This is a known Messenger bug - Patchou's reply to First message of a session not logged?