Shoutbox

[Preview] 724 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] 724 (/showthread.php?tid=85324)

[Preview] 724 by ryxdp on 08-11-2008 at 10:37 AM

I've been working on a new skin for a while now, it's coming along, slowly but surely. Still got a few things to work out, mostly to do with colors that don't fit yet but it should be fine.

It's a dark themed, simplistic skin that, when finished will have some interesting features, mostly borrowed from .typeZERO/davidpolitis such as the Always on top button in conversation windows (I will be extending that to the contact list as well), status icons in convos (I really like this here feature, it's quite useful), and probably more. It'll take a bit of time to get this skin finished, as I don't have that much time on my hands and there's still quite a lot to do, so don't hold your breath :P.

Here is a new screenshot of it, have a look and see how you like it.

ryxdp

RE: [Preview] 724 by aNILEator on 08-11-2008 at 10:39 AM

Those really don't look distinguishable from the offline mode icons... I hope something there changes.

EDIT: LOLS I'm in the screenshot :D

RE: [Preview] 724 by ryxdp on 08-11-2008 at 10:41 AM

Yeah, as I said it's got a fair bit of work to go. I'm hoping I can get some better icons that match it more, anyone want to help?

RE: [Preview] 724 by mattisdada on 08-11-2008 at 11:42 AM

Best skin ive seen so far. Period. (Except maybe Willz teaser.... but that doesnt count :P)

RE: [Preview] 724 by Basilis on 08-11-2008 at 11:51 AM

Looks simple and nice!

RE: [Preview] 724 by Th3rmal on 08-11-2008 at 12:05 PM

Nice Skin. Well Done. Looking forward to finished product.

[offtopic]
Lol i look weird with that bar covering my eyes :P
[/offtopic]

RE: [Preview] 724 by SimonHodgkiss on 08-11-2008 at 12:08 PM

Looks very good, not too many colours used which always helps.

RE: [Preview] 724 by aNILEator on 08-11-2008 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Best skin if seen so far. Period. (Except maybe Willz teaser.... but that doesnt count :P)
But your taste in skins is silly, and so is that grammar "Best skin if seen so far." oh my! :P

So far he has just made it black/grey gradient and added a flower to top of contact list whilst grey scaling the icons, I like where it could be heading but who knows? :)
RE: [Preview] 724 by Nathan on 08-11-2008 at 02:55 PM

Wow this is amazing :P

Good skins are coming alive from people apart from nile and willz and a few others

RE: [Preview] 724 by mattisdada on 08-12-2008 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
Best skin if seen so far. Period. (Except maybe Willz teaser.... but that doesnt count :P)
But your taste in skins is silly, and so is that grammar "Best skin if seen so far." oh my! :P

So far he has just made it black/grey gradient and added a flower to top of contact list whilst grey scaling the icons, I like where it could be heading but who knows? :)
Ehh? And what other skins do i like then Niles?
RE: [Preview] 724 by ryxdp on 08-13-2008 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Lol i look weird with that bar covering my eyes

Heh, I didn't realise your dp's in your sig, so it's really done nothing at all :P

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
So far he has just made it black/grey gradient and added a flower to top of contact list whilst grey scaling the icons, I like where it could be heading but who knows?

Yep. It's supposed to be a mixture of simplicity and sleekness, without the shiny, sometimes distracting gloss. I admit the toolbar icons were a bit of a bodge, but I didn't "just greyscale them". I added a slight blue tinge that was supposed to match the skin, but as you can see I failed horribly :P. I might keep the colors in the icons, but lower the transparency, if that's a good idea.

Also, it's not a flower. Its an asterisk in the font Symbol, and all blue-tinged "watermarks" excluding the toolbar icons are ARGB 32,193,229,255.
RE: [Preview] 724 by vaccination on 08-13-2008 at 10:58 AM

I don't like it.

RE: RE: [Preview] 724 by ryxdp on 08-14-2008 at 06:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I don't like it.

And how might you suggest it be improved, then?