Shoutbox

How is MP!L done? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: How is MP!L done? (/showthread.php?tid=85329)

How is MP!L done? by victording on 08-11-2008 at 05:01 PM

I want to make an WiLM addon to make it support other protocols like XMPP and AIM, but I have no idea how to realize it.

I wonder if someone can explain how MP!L add buttons and menus into WiLM. I looked at the registry and didn't find any thing about WiLM buttons and menus.   :huh:  :huh:

P.S. I suggest MP!L add a "Screen Capture" funtion in one of the conversition window's buttons.

RE: How is MP!L done? by RaceProUK on 08-11-2008 at 06:02 PM

What you're asking is hugely complicated, and unnecessary really. Just use a multi-protocol client such as Pidgin.

RE: How is MP!L done? by Basilis on 08-11-2008 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by victording
P.S. I suggest MP!L add a "Screen Capture" funtion in one of the conversition window's buttons.

There is alread a script that does this. It is called Screenshot Sender

RE: How is MP!L done? by CookieRevised on 08-11-2008 at 08:24 PM

You don't need any addon, plugin or script to send a screen capture. That is already supported by WLM nativly.

Simply press PrntScrn to make a copy of your screen (or ALT+PrntScrn to copy a window only) and paste it into a conversation using CTRL+V....

---------------------------------

As for makng WLM using other protocols, that is as good as impossible.

And if I may be so bold, since you looked in the registry to search for buttons, I also doubt you have the needed advance knowledge to pull it off.

It is a bad idea to hack a client which was especially made for 1 protocol. To do what you want you're far better of making your own client designed to use multiple protocols.

That is also what all the other people have done who created multiple IM protocol clients. Nobody ever changed a specific protocol client to use protocols which wasn't designed to be using, since that is as good as impossible and realy wasted effort.

If you're not up to it, you are indeed better of using one of the many multiple protocol clients which already exist... like pidgin...

;)

RE: How is MP!L done? by victording on 08-13-2008 at 03:38 AM

ic... 
but I'm still curious about how MP!L worked.
I have some other creativities eg make WiLM interactive with other software(like other IMs)
So I need to make a plug-in myself.
I don't think MP!L or any current plug-ins will provide this function