Shoutbox

[Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=85337)

[Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456 on 08-12-2008 at 12:41 AM

Well i have decided to give skinning a try

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
i'm gonna try skinning just for this contest ;D

i thought it would base it on the new images of WLM 9.0.

My first skin based on WLM 9.0

Completed mostly the contact list (apart from the fonts)

* roflmao456 hides away to continue typing XML code :zippy:

edit: updated ss
RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by Nathan on 08-12-2008 at 12:45 AM

Looks quite nice - abit scratchy but with some effort could be made into a good skin, keep it up

RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by vaccination on 08-12-2008 at 12:54 AM

All you've managed to do is copy 3 images, and you've not even got that right8-)

Still, good luck with the convo window ;p

RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456 on 08-12-2008 at 01:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
All you've managed to do is copy 3 images, and you've not even got that right8-)
i don't like making my own images so i just edit existing ones lol ;p
RE: RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by Willz on 08-12-2008 at 01:12 AM

quote:
quote:

Blue to white gradient, grab the vapor image from wlm 9's msgvsta. Done. Though maybe theres a bit more to the white glow effect. Still its not too hard to remake. Looks like there was a purpose to those files after all.

And yeah good luck in the chat window :P
RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456 on 08-12-2008 at 02:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
quote:

Blue to white gradient, grab the vapor image from wlm 9's msgvsta. Done. Though maybe theres a bit more to the white glow effect. Still its not too hard to remake. Looks like there was a purpose to those files after all.

all msgvsta files in my 9.0 extraction directory are msrle :(
(i have wlm 8.5; used to have 9.0)
RE: RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by Willz on 08-12-2008 at 02:33 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
quote:

all msgvsta files in my 9.0 extraction directory are msrle :(
(i have wlm 8.5; used to have 9.0)

the vapor shouldn't be msnrle though.... hmm ok hold on ill upload, hmm though looking at it I think they made a new vapor for it.
RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by Basilis on 08-12-2008 at 03:54 AM

You made it look quite the same but the conversation window will be much more difficult. Good lLuck! :)

RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456 on 08-12-2008 at 04:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
You made it look quite the same but the conversation window will be much more difficult. Good lLuck! :)
a person new to skinning already trying advanced stuff ;D
currently on: conversation window
RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by SimonHodgkiss on 08-12-2008 at 08:02 AM

That looks quite cool, hope the conversation window looks as cool good luck.

RE: [Preview] Windows Live Messenger 2009 by Shiny Rabbit on 08-15-2008 at 05:42 PM

that looks hot, i shall use when you release it :3