Shoutbox

[split] ad-hiding in contest entries - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [split] ad-hiding in contest entries (/showthread.php?tid=85339)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by Basilis on 08-11-2008 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The usual rules for entering the download DB apply. The .reg workarounds are accepted like usual.
OK. :) So any skin with .reg files will be accepted for the contest. It woulnd't if the ads were hidden in a visible way like an option in the Options Panel. Right?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by Menthix on 08-11-2008 at 11:52 AM

Correct.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by aNILEator on 08-11-2008 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
The usual rules for entering the download DB apply. The .reg workarounds are accepted like usual.
OK. :) So any skin with .reg files will be accepted for the contest. It woulnd't if the ads were hidden in a visible way like an option in the Options Panel. Right?
You may have noticed with my skins I now include alternative options panel/skininfo xml's so people can just replace it to remove ads or replace the options panel (only adds options to English version sorry foreigners :P) and have a choice of which ones to remove (for example in vistafy removing the contact list advert also removes the contact list swish effect
RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by mynetx on 08-11-2008 at 05:21 PM

Heh, I just noticed that when I had a quick glance at the Beaver and Steve skin. There's SkinInfo.xml and SkinInfo - no ads.xml :D

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by aNILEator on 08-11-2008 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Heh, I just noticed that when I had a quick glance at the Beaver and Steve skin. There's SkinInfo.xml and SkinInfo - no ads.xml :D
Yup I just set the options to default=true :)

the options panel if replaced is reshuffled to include the 3 removal options too
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 + Contest by warmth on 08-11-2008 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Yup I just set the options to default=true :)

the options panel if replaced is reshuffled to include the 3 removal options too
I do like that trick... can I borrow your idea nile???