Shoutbox

Changing E-mail Program - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Changing E-mail Program (/showthread.php?tid=85341)

Changing E-mail Program by Ruff Hunter on 08-12-2008 at 03:10 AM

I would like to know if there is any way to change the default application that wlm will open when you want to go to your inbox.

Because i'm using outlook as my main e-mail application (i prefer it over live desktop) and now every time i click on the inbox icon it opens IE so is there any way to change it to outlook maybe by the registry or a plugins with msgplus?

Let me know cuz it a bit frustrating always going around and open outlook when i could just click onto the new mail alert and open outlook directly.

Thanks for any help,
Ruff

RE: Changing E-mail Program by zingbats on 08-12-2008 at 08:56 AM

Right, so in windows, Outlook is your main e-mail client; but in WLM, it opens hotmail?

RE: Changing E-mail Program by Ruff Hunter on 08-12-2008 at 09:46 AM

ye exactly lol

RE: Changing E-mail Program by Dex Luther on 08-14-2008 at 11:55 PM

I also looked for a way to do this a while ago with no luck. I'd love for it to open in Firefox.

RE: RE: Changing E-mail Program by jakobkraft on 08-24-2008 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dex Luther
I also looked for a way to do this a while ago with no luck. I'd love for it to open in Firefox.

That's actually very easy if you just force WLM to use your default browser to open all links (I believe this is possible with the Stuffplug add-on).

But I would actually like to link WLM to Outlook directly, being that it's my default mail handler.

Anyone find a way to do this?