Shoutbox

WLM 8.5 won't remember my log in details - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM 8.5 won't remember my log in details (/showthread.php?tid=85345)

WLM 8.5 won't remember my log in details by paddy_mac on 08-12-2008 at 03:47 PM

Hi
I was using WLM 7.5 and had no probs whatsoever, then I had to reload it after a computer crash.  I was given no option but to upgrade to a later version.
No probs it lets me log in but even though I tick all the boxes for it to remember my log in details and password on each start up I have to re enter them.
I have tried a variation on ticking boxes in the options to no avail.  I have used the control panel to remove the program and then re install still the prob exists
I have even tried going back a couple of versions but unless you go back to version 7 you can't get the prog to run without updating, a catch 22 situation as I don't really want to go back that far.  I WAS REALLY HAPPY WITH VERSION 7.5.  If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!
Anyone any Ideas or is this something we have to live with?
(N)

RE: WLM 8.5 won't remember my log in details by paddy_mac on 09-05-2008 at 06:54 PM

Hi
Don't know what the issue was but installing windows xp sp3 has cured it.  Many thanks, may all your problems be little ones
Kind Regards
;)

RE: WLM 8.5 won't remember my log in details by ryxdp on 09-05-2008 at 09:36 PM

You may also want to update your Messenger to version 8.5, as 7.5 is pretty old :)