Shoutbox

[?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area (/showthread.php?tid=85356)

[?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by roflmao456 on 08-13-2008 at 03:24 AM

as some of you may know, i'm creating my first skin.

What i'm having trouble with now is getting the formatting toolbar at the bottom of the textarea instead of having the bar at the top.

I've managed to get it at the bottom, but the text area seems to be small and can't resize.

thx to all for helping first-time skinner ;P

RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by Spunky on 08-13-2008 at 08:30 AM

Have you tried moving the toolbar into another blank element or padding?

RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by Willz on 08-13-2008 at 10:54 AM

Id say it probably wont work just because the thing that constrains the chat area probably needs the toolbar element above it to work. I haven't exactly tried since I just got home from work and am exhausted but I am basing off what I tried to do a while ago on a this prototype i was working on.

RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by warmth on 08-13-2008 at 02:31 PM

but you are doing great ;)

RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by roflmao456 on 08-13-2008 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Id say it probably wont work just because the thing that constrains the chat area probably needs the toolbar element above it to work. I haven't exactly tried since I just got home from work and am exhausted but I am basing off what I tried to do a while ago on a this prototype i was working on.
the chat input area seems to resize properly when you do
code:
layoutpos=client
but it forces the toolbar on top :(
RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by Spunky on 08-13-2008 at 05:08 PM

I did manage to get it right, but it adds a HUGE space ABOVE the text area... Now I have them all underneath (including the ink mode buttons :s), but it makes the window really wide at minimum width :p

RE: [?] Getting the Formatting Toolbar at the bottom of text area by roflmao456 on 08-14-2008 at 03:53 AM

so it's impossible? to get it perfect :(