Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=85383)

Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion by Eddie on 08-14-2008 at 12:27 PM

Would it be possible that when Live! checks for updates with scripts and skins, that you can select an option to not restart messenger yet, as i was in an important conversation and lost that because of a restart caused by an update :(

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion by Th3rmal on 08-14-2008 at 01:24 PM

Cant you just press cancel or not click ok to restart until your done? I know this isnt what you wanted but this is the best i can think of :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion by Eddie on 08-14-2008 at 01:29 PM

Yeah you could do that, but i just feel it would be better to have a "do not restart upon update" option or something, but i guess not?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion by Basilis on 08-14-2008 at 01:46 PM

It should be like when you are enabling a new skin. It asks you if you want to restart your Messenger now or later. :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 Update Suggestion by mynetx on 08-14-2008 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Cant you just press cancel
Will cause Messenger to restart nevertheless.

Anyways, thank your for your opinion. In fact, the forced restart was in discussion before Messenger Plus! Live 4.70 was published. Patchou pointed out that he decided to force the restart as soon as there are any scripts in the update list, in order to protect the user from any possible messages or windows that scripts could open at the update, which could also hinder other scripts to update properly.