Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... (/showthread.php?tid=85414)

[Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Gulliver_69 on 08-15-2008 at 02:28 PM

Hi Patchou.
I've installed the new v4.70 and I'm happy to see that now the Custom Icon Panel can change his size. But: do you can modify this option? I.E.: I would to be allowed to select a size between "small" (the default size)  - "medium" or "large". I would also to know why you can't change the size of emoticons to see their real size and/or the animations. ^o)
Ehm... I've forgot the real main question: When I load a saved conversation on your Chat Logs Viewer, I can't read it easily because the viewer use a very tiny character's size and I can't magnify it (it's really unreadable). But, if i manually open the same conversation's log with Internet Explorer, the issue disappear and the conversation is loaded with a good char's size. I've not found any option regarding this issue, into MSGlive.
:(

RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by RaceProUK on 08-15-2008 at 07:33 PM

For the Log Viewer, hold Control and scroll your mouse wheel. Works for most people ;)

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Gulliver_69 on 08-16-2008 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
For the Log Viewer, hold Control and scroll your mouse wheel. Works for most people ;)

Ive tried your tip, but nothing happens. :(
RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by RaceProUK on 08-18-2008 at 06:45 PM

Control and -/= should work.

RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by prashker on 08-18-2008 at 06:57 PM

quote:
If not

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Open Internet Explorer

Tools -> Text Size -> Medium

(or if it's Internet Explorer 7....Page -> Text Size -> Medium)

PS: ^^^ The above will most likely work, but if not hold Control and Scroll Up with your Mouse. Should increase the font size.

or quite possibly if everything else fails

quote:
Originally posted by dazzdoc1
this happened to me to.
if you are using IE7
go to
Internet Options>Advanced>Reset.
This is the way i was able to fix it

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Gulliver_69 on 08-18-2008 at 06:57 PM

quote:

Hi, Race :)
I've tried the new tip, but with negative results. :(
I don't know if with non-US keyboards I should to use a different keys combination, but at the moment I can't find a solution for this issue. (N)

quote:
quote:
If not

quote:
quote:
Open Internet Explorer

Tools -> Text Size -> Medium

(or if it's Internet Explorer 7....Page -> Text Size -> Medium)

PS: ^^^ The above will most likely work, but if not hold Control and Scroll Up with your Mouse. Should increase the font size.

or quite possibly if everything else fails

quote:
Originally posted by dazzdoc1
this happened to me to.
if you are using IE7
go to
Internet Options>Advanced>Reset.
This is the way i was able to fix it

WARNING!!!
The problem is NOT related to IE7 (with IE7 the text is nicely readable)!!! The small and fixed characters' size (NOT RESAIZABLE) is present into the MSGplus' Chat Log Viewer!!!
RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by prashker on 08-18-2008 at 07:02 PM

The Log Viewer uses Internet Explorer

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Gulliver_69 on 08-18-2008 at 08:03 PM

quote:

I don't know if the Log Viewer uses the IE7's engine or not, but on my 2 PCs I can't read the logs into the viewer and the CTRL +/- combo don't works. But the same combo works into the IE7, then it isn't an explorer's issue.

RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Thor on 08-18-2008 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gulliver_69
quote:

I don't know if the Log Viewer uses the IE7's engine or not, but on my 2 PCs I can't read the logs into the viewer and the CTRL +/- combo don't works. But the same combo works into the IE7, then it isn't an explorer's issue.
Not necesserily correct, IE 7 does the job of rendering the page, using it's Trident engine. The application using Trident have full control over which keys that work and which keys that don't.

RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by prashker on 08-18-2008 at 08:49 PM

So what basically Nitro is saying, hurry up and do the things to fix it :p

RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by CookieRevised on 08-28-2008 at 03:29 AM

Do not suggest to use <CTRL><+>, <CTRL><-> or <CTRL><MSCROLL> anymore. That will not work anymore from inside the Plus! Log Window.

(also suggesting to reset MSIE settings is not very good since that will also reset security settings)

Please see CookieRevised's reply to How to increase font size while viewing on the Log Viewer?

;)

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by Gulliver_69 on 09-01-2008 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Do not suggest to use <CTRL><+>, <CTRL><-> or <CTRL><MSCROLL> anymore. That will not work anymore from inside the Plus! Log Window.

(also suggesting to reset MSIE settings is not very good since that will also reset security settings)

Please see CookieRevised's reply to How to increase font size while viewing on the Log Viewer?

;)

Tried your workaround, not worked for me. I've tried also on a fresh install of Windows XP, but I can't change the text's size again. :(
RE: [Suggestion] Missed feature of Chat Logs Viewer... by CookieRevised on 09-01-2008 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gulliver_69
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

;)
Tried your workaround, not worked for me. I've tried also on a fresh install of Windows XP, but I can't change the text's size again. :(
As I explained in the small print there might be registry settings which prevent you from changing the text size in MSIE. However, those settings are never applied by default on a fresh Windows XP installation. Also, (again as I explained in that other post), there is a bug in MSIE7 which prevents you from selecting the Text Size menu, following the instructions exactly to the letter will work around this bug.