Shoutbox

[Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. (/showthread.php?tid=85449)

[Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-17-2008 at 12:41 PM

For the last few days I have been working on my new skin. So far I have only skinned the contact list but was looking for opinions/suggestions.

Still quite a few things I need to do but here is an update on the skin. This is just showing the general look of the skin.

[Image: 2pu0gtf.png][Image: 16jj705.jpg]
[Image: 2z9jn5y.png]

I will keep this thread updated with pics.

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Th3rmal on 08-17-2008 at 12:51 PM

Looks pretty good, any colorization?

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-17-2008 at 12:53 PM

Yeah it colours fine.

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Th3rmal on 08-17-2008 at 12:57 PM

ah ok cool. i would probably colourize, because i dont like aqua :P
But other than that, great job so far :)

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Willz on 08-17-2008 at 01:06 PM

The white strokes are a bit strong for my likings, I like stuff to sorta blend with one another. But yeah its still a pretty good design. Keep up the good work.

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by vaccination on 08-17-2008 at 01:08 PM

sexeh ;p

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Basilis on 08-17-2008 at 01:19 PM

It certainly makes Messenger look simple and clean! :)

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Nathan on 08-17-2008 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
The white strokes are a bit strong for my likings, I like stuff to sorta blend with one another. But yeah its still a pretty good design. Keep up the good work.
Exactly what I said to him about 3 days ago, but he didnt listen :(
RE: RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-17-2008 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
quote:
Well tbh I'm making the skin for me. If you don't like it you don't have to use it or you could just edit it yourself :P Any suggestions I like however will be implemented into my skin :grin:
RE: RE: RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Willz on 08-17-2008 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Well tbh I'm making the skin for me. If you don't like it you don't have to use it or you could just edit it yourself :P Any suggestions I like however will be implemented into my skin :grin:

And thats the way it should be. But yeah I'm just saying it from a design point of view :P take it as you will.
RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by vaccination on 08-17-2008 at 01:41 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
pft that's the speech i gave you the other day 8-)
RE: RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-17-2008 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
quote:
quote:
pft that's the speech i gave you the other day 8-)
Shhh you 8-)
RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Eddie on 08-17-2008 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
It certainly makes Messenger look simple and clean! :)
I agree with you, it looks very clean, simplistic and very nice, good job!...

and...

To Willz and Nathan, if we were all the same the world would be boring, personally i feel it well seperates the appearance of the screen, so yeah, nice job Phillip :)
RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Spunky on 08-17-2008 at 03:57 PM

I like it! (Y) Nice a clean

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Nagamasa on 08-17-2008 at 04:20 PM

I like the buddies :P

Like I said on MSN the other day, it's nice and clean.

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by DejaVoo on 08-17-2008 at 10:11 PM

I like it - Aqua and all, for what it's worth...

I think you should call it "I hate you" would be very you...

Just kidding :P, it always makes me laugh when you respond with that...

Good job, looking forward to seeing it all finished up and good luck in the contest...

:)     

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by prashker on 08-17-2008 at 10:15 PM

What's with the 2 option buttons :p?

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Andylongi on 08-17-2008 at 10:21 PM

Looks very nice hope it will be ready soon to use it.

RE: RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by CookieRevised on 08-17-2008 at 11:11 PM

quote:
quote:
I actually do like the white 'strokes'. More than a blendish kind of thing which often doesn't make a clear destinction what window is what.... These white strokes make it very clear, and they go nicely with the blueish (default?) color imho.

This is a skin which I might use. Different enough, but still very reconizable. The exact thing I'm personally looking for in a skin.

The only less thing I can see from this screenshot is the blocked buddy icon, which isn't very clear and doesn't go with the other buddy icons.

Phillip (y)
RE: RE: RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-18-2008 at 07:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The only less thing I can see from this screenshot is the blocked buddy icon, which isn't very clear and doesn't go with the other buddy icons.

I'll have a play around with it.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
What's with the 2 option buttons :p?
One is for the skin and the other for messenger 8-) I do plan on changing one of them :P
RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by Phillip on 08-18-2008 at 07:37 PM

little update in the OP 8-)

Sorry bout the double post. Im off to bed.

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by CookieRevised on 08-18-2008 at 07:44 PM

I like the blocked buddy icon better now. Though, but this is my personal taste, I would like the normal traffic sign, cross over buddy, even better, since that is much more clear (now it still looks very much the same as a busy buddy icon).

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by T-PO on 08-19-2008 at 03:22 PM

I also like this skin a lot... as Cookie said; different but still very recognizable and clean...

Question: In the login screen I miss a clean white line under the title bar (top row of screen that holds the minimize/maximize/close button). Is that deliberate? 

(btw I like the blocked buddy this way...)

Keep up the good work Philip...

RE: [Preview] Simply Windows Live Messenger. by T-PO on 09-10-2008 at 12:56 PM

Any  updates on this skin?

Regards,

T-PO