Shoutbox

Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 (/showthread.php?tid=85453)

Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 by zabrak on 08-17-2008 at 07:49 PM

[Image: script.jpg?t=1219002426]

??

RE: Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 by Spunky on 08-17-2008 at 07:51 PM

Looks like a dodgy advert. I think you can add the addresses to the hosts file to stop them showing

RE: RE: Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 by zabrak on 08-17-2008 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Looks like a dodgy advert. I think you can add the addresses to the hosts file to stop them showing

Hold on...What?
RE: Getting an odd Script error when I sign into WLM 8.5 by CookieRevised on 08-17-2008 at 10:54 PM

As posted many times on forums:

Such a script error comes from the small page which is loaded in the advertising bar on the bottom of your contact list. It quite often pops up when you move your mouse over the advertisement.

I suggest you report this to MS using the online support form (Help > Send Feedback) But include a link to the screenshot. Thus not just the text in the error dialog box itself, so that this can be fixed. (And so they know that many people find such stuff annoying).