Shoutbox

They stole my email - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: They stole my email (/showthread.php?tid=85464)

They stole my email by dr34m3r on 08-18-2008 at 11:15 AM

Hello .. my email has been stolen .. and i really need it back .. it has many important information .. please .. is there any way i can get my email back?

RE: They stole my email by Rik on 08-18-2008 at 11:45 AM

Contact hotmail at http://support.live.com/ and tell them about that. They should help you.

RE: They stole my email by dr34m3r on 08-18-2008 at 02:44 PM

Thanks .. i talked to the hacker.. he said that he paid with visa and i wont get my email back .. !!  i send a report.. i hope they can help me

is there a phone number for microsoft ?
RE: They stole my email by Rik on 08-18-2008 at 03:23 PM

I think you have to whait for them to answer you. You can try to chat with them, call them at 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676) (US number), and if you get too impatiant you can go here again. But just wait, they'll contact you.
What do you mean he used visa? :S

RE: They stole my email by joey on 08-18-2008 at 05:14 PM

the guy probably bought his email address + details etc from someone else on the internet that actually "hacked it". why would he want to lose his hard erned money? =p

RE: They stole my email by Spunky on 08-18-2008 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by icd*
the guy probably bought his email address + details etc from someone else on the internet that actually "hacked it". why would he want to lose his hard erned money? =p

Why would someone wanna pay money to begin with?
RE: They stole my email by CookieRevised on 08-18-2008 at 06:00 PM

Maybe to sell it further to big spam companies. However, we actually don't know exactly what he means with "he said that he paid with visa and i wont get my email back".

Anyways, this is actual identity theft, no matter if he paid for it or not. If it is an hotmail, msn, or live.com address then MS could return the address the the original owner. But, of course, only if he can proof if it was his address by providing details which only he could know:

- Previous secret question and answer
- Previous personal data details, like name, address, telephone number, etc.
- The unique ID number you'll get which each account! Not many people actually know about this, but when you apply for a Windows Live Id you get a unique number.
- The contacts you have/had in Windows Live Messenger
- etc...

All stuff which can be tracked back by MS and which might proof the account is really yours.

RE: They stole my email by Menthix on 08-18-2008 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
- The unique ID number you'll get which each account! Not many people actually know about this, but when you apply for a Windows Live Id you get a unique number.
Is this the same number Messenger uses to store profile data?
RE: They stole my email by RaceProUK on 08-18-2008 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
No, as the number Messenger uses is a hash, which isn't guaranteed unique.
RE: RE: They stole my email by CookieRevised on 08-18-2008 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
No, as the number Messenger uses is a hash, which isn't guaranteed unique.
The number I mean is a 64 bit unique number for each account.

see https://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=liveidv1&...&query=di_sgnittes

You can see this number for your account on the bottom of the profile page, here:
https://account.live.com/EditProf.aspx?rp=SummaryPage
RE: RE: They stole my email by dr34m3r on 08-21-2008 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
I think you have to whait for them to answer you. You can try to chat with them, call them at 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676) (US number), and if you get too impatiant you can go here again. But just wait, they'll contact you.
What do you mean he used visa? :S

Thanks alot guys

i tried .. i contacted them .. they gave me the password reset then i got my email back !! but the problem is .. the hacker made my account as a child !! so i couldnt change any info !! and he got the email back !!! now microsoft are taking forever to reply !!

VISA .. he paid to get the password reset whenever i get the email !! that's what he said !!

he did all this just because my email is : ***@hotmail.com !! i asked him why did u hack me !!

he said i like ur email .. 3 letters .. its special !!