Shoutbox

Latest Posts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Latest Posts (/showthread.php?tid=8547)

Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-17-2003 at 06:55 PM

The new latest posts page is now available... (Y)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/latest.php

You should use this now instead of basicsearch, because it's much more efficient. Let me know if you have suggestions/bug reports about it... :P

RE: Latest Posts by Johnny_Mac on 04-17-2003 at 07:26 PM

* Johnny_Mac used to use it all the time on devbb, but then it got so busy I couldnt find down the list, what the last thread I posted in was. :rolleyes:

But anyway... (y)

RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-17-2003 at 07:43 PM

Blah... :-/

This should have working read/unread icons so that threads newer than your last visit will have the unread icon. I got the read/unread tracking system working better, but it's still buggy, I think... :-/

RE: Latest Posts by Guido on 04-17-2003 at 08:00 PM

:shocked:

* Guido faints [Image: muriendose_smiley.gif]

[Image: icon_jawdrop.gif] [Image: icon_jawdrop.gif] [Image: icon_jawdrop.gif] (Y)

cool dz...!

RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-17-2003 at 08:08 PM

Uhmm... that was an unexpected reaction... :S :P

RE: Latest Posts by Guido on 04-17-2003 at 08:55 PM

:rofl:

RE: Latest Posts by D:Frag on 04-18-2003 at 02:26 AM

Good work... altough I don't find good use of it, these forums are stricly for Plus stuff and topics (GCC) that seem good for mods only... it's great for admins & mods, they can find who needs help faster... other that that, I don't see any use for a regular member who doesn't need help, doesn't has a bug/suggestion to report, etc... it's an invitation for :spam: :p

What I really would like to see, the latest threads where I posted in... I know, I have a "favorites" and "suscribed" options, but I don't know how to make a thread "favorite" and now I hate the subscribe threads, as they send me an e-mail everytime someone posts in... :-/

This latest threads would be like the subscribed threads in my user cp but only the latest 10 threads I posted in would be there... :D   so, what do ya think, pardner [Image: punk.gif]

RE: Latest Posts by D:Frag on 04-18-2003 at 03:20 AM

Sorry, I forgot that there are still good people like you here to help (I mean that :D ) you are always willing to help even those people who don't bother to look around [Image: smilie5.gif] , I said that wouldn't be so helpful to a regular member... YOU are a great member :bow:

Of course, YOU don't see it as an invitation to spam... 10,000 members do [Image: tongue.gif]

[Image: spam1.gif]

RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-18-2003 at 04:41 AM

Would it be useful to anyone if I added the ability to view threads in a certain forum only, or only view unanswered threads? Those are easy little things I could add. :-/

I might look into making a feature that only displays threads you have posted in... that's a bit more difficult... :P

RE: Latest Posts by D:Frag on 04-18-2003 at 05:05 AM

quote:
view threads in a certain forum only
I don't get it :-/ if that's threads I posted in a certain forum only... then It would be very useful... until the BIG feature was a reality.

About the unanswered threads... they would be included in your latest posts page too! :rolleyes:

The feature about displaying threads you have posted in is difficult then... keep looking forward into it, it may be worth it!!. [Image: kaching.gif]

Think of it... it is a REALLY cool (useful) feature and this would be the only forum to have it... I think... :rolleyes: :refuck:
RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-18-2003 at 05:26 AM

Forum filtering would let you see the latest threads in only one forum... if you're interested in General Chit Chat, you could view threads from only that forum.

The unanswered posts thing would filter out all the threads with replies... that might be good for people who like to help others... :P

RE: Latest Posts by D:Frag on 04-18-2003 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Forum filtering would let you see the latest threads in only one forum... if you're interested in General Chit Chat, you could view threads from only that forum.
When you enter a forum... you're already seeing the latest threads :P

Hmmm... thinking of it, that forum filtering thing sounds interesting... maybe you can modify your latest threads page to add filtering capabilities, to view the latest posts, latest threads by forum, unanswered threads... and anything else you could add [Image: MODhappyjaz.gif]
RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-18-2003 at 06:15 AM

* WDZ slaps himself for stupidity... :|

[center]WDZ
:stupid:[/center]

RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-18-2003 at 07:14 AM

Of course... :P

RE: Latest Posts by Tandy on 04-18-2003 at 09:56 AM

YES I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA IF U HAVE LATEST THREADS UNANSWERED ONES IN A LIST

i like to answer people who havent been answered

d:frag u have no idea how useful this latest post thing is tO SOME MEMBERS who like to help other people

u have no idea how many people koala helps she is very helpful

and there is not a day when she hasnt helped someone

lol...........i thought id just never noticed the latest threads but turns out they were new

RE: RE: Latest Posts by fluffy_lobster on 04-20-2003 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Uh, isn't that what the forum view pages are for?  The newest threads are at the top, so it would be no different unless it showed only your own posts...
RE: RE: Latest Posts by WDZ on 04-20-2003 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
* WDZ slaps himself for stupidity... :|

[center]WDZ

RE: RE: RE: Latest Posts by fluffy_lobster on 04-20-2003 at 08:00 PM

* fluffy_lobster slaps himself for stupidity... :|

[center]fluffy_lobster

RE: Latest Posts by Wabz on 04-20-2003 at 09:13 PM

* Wabz definitly isnt stupid so cant slap himself