Shoutbox

k i got a ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: k i got a ? (/showthread.php?tid=85475)

k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-18-2008 at 08:50 PM

k alot of people have posted about this and asked about this and we had got are answer from many testers and then patchou.

the custom nick name option is why this post is being made.

i remember seeing patchou saying if wlm was to change the way they do the nick names and make it better then he would not do it. but they have not done it yet and like most people are thinking will this ever be put back into messenger plus live?? im asking and posting this again cause its been one hell of a long time and i have yet to see a change and MPL has had a few new versions out and as we can all was thinking it would be there was then put are heads down to see the option still not there.

so i will ask again and would like for Patchou to post here and say if this will be added for the next version that gets put out or its not in the works for MPL again?

RE: k i got a ? by MeEtc on 08-18-2008 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
if wlm was to change the way they do the nick names and make it better then he would not do it.
right, if they change it. Have you seen any new versions of WLM be released recently where it has been changed? nope.

meaning, wait for at very least for WLM 9.0 to go public to see how its implemented
RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-18-2008 at 10:37 PM

thanks for the reply

also MeEtc. proly wont be like it was for MP cause u was able to do it just for chat only or leave it for normal and not chat and so on so why i think this should be put back in

RE: k i got a ? by CookieRevised on 08-19-2008 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
if wlm was to change the way they do the nick names and make it better then he would not do it.
right, if they change it. Have you seen any new versions of WLM be released recently where it has been changed? nope.

meaning, wait for at very least for WLM 9.0 to go public to see how its implemented
The request for the reintroduction for the custom nickname feature is very old. There have been WLM updates since then....

I fully agree with bigb88.

I rather have a Messenger Plus! nickname feature where we can include the email and/or screen name for just the contact list, than what WLM has now.
RE: RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-19-2008 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:

The request for the reintroduction for the custom nickname feature is very old. There have been WLM updates since then....

I fully agree with bigb88.

I rather have a Messenger Plus! nickname feature where we can include the email and/or screen name for just the contact list, than what WLM has now.

thanks cookie :)... just wonder if its in the works or not cause Patchou not said anymore with it :(
RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-21-2008 at 11:37 AM

yea so on that note i think Patchou should do a lil fast update this week or next or so and put it back lol :)

RE: k i got a ? by Spunky on 08-21-2008 at 01:42 PM

quote:
yea so on that note i think Patchou should do a lil fast update this week or next or so and put it back lol :)

Not quite that easy ^o)
RE: k i got a ? by ShawnZ on 08-21-2008 at 03:06 PM

why not just add a feature to plus that prevents messenger from changing custom names when the contact changes their nick?

RE: k i got a ? by Jesus on 08-21-2008 at 03:09 PM

because Plus!' custom names rawked and need to be put back in :P

RE: RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-21-2008 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus

yea we would need everyone to say that or if a poll was done to click yes lol not one users to say no and i think he would put it in lol..
would boost downloads and more using the program to
RE: k i got a ? by ShawnZ on 08-21-2008 at 03:12 PM

quote:

but adding them back in will just cause problems and confusion and they had no benefit over messenger's own custom names except they were persistent :<

edit: also, if my idea is used, then any updates to the feature by microsoft (e.g. make them carry over wherever you sign in) will work still :p
RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-21-2008 at 03:27 PM

well i say mpl needs it back cuz look at wlm alone its lame and stupid lol mpl gives it the boost it needs with alot of things u can do and that would be another great thing u can do..

like look how many versons of msn/windows live messenger there are and it has taking them a long time to get the hang of things..

the sounds thing they added in 9 and the gif images as a display pic like should of been done a long time ago so

RE: k i got a ? by Jesus on 08-21-2008 at 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
they had no benefit over messenger's own custom names except they were persistent
What I particularly liked about Plus!' custom names was the ability to show the contact's own nick next to the custom name I had set. This way I could quickly see who were online and I wouldn't miss any info in my contact's nicknames (eg. "Party at my place tonight, everybody is invited!!!")
WLM does not offer this possibility, so I don't use the feature at the moment.

and no, there's no party at my place tonight :dodgy:
RE: k i got a ? by bigb88 on 08-21-2008 at 04:02 PM

Jesus ya or it would let u just do the nick name so when they typed it showed but not on contact list/ and stuff if i rem right lol been so long cuz cant use old Messenger Plus with wlm :( lol

RE: k i got a ? by ShawnZ on 08-21-2008 at 04:41 PM

quote:
quote:
they had no benefit over messenger's own custom names except they were persistent
What I particularly liked about Plus!' custom names was the ability to show the contact's own nick next to the custom name I had set. This way I could quickly see who were online and I wouldn't miss any info in my contact's nicknames (eg. "Party at my place tonight, everybody is invited!!!")
WLM does not offer this possibility, so I don't use the feature at the moment.

and no, there's no party at my place tonight :dodgy:

so add that feature too :p
RE: RE: k i got a ? by CookieRevised on 08-24-2008 at 12:44 PM

quote:
quote:
but adding them back in will just cause problems and confusion and they had no benefit over messenger's own custom names except they were persistent :<
1) both Plus! and Messenger have logging too. I don't see plus! logging being removed either. Instead, it is even developped further.
2) The MAJOR advantage of the Plus! custom names is that you can use (!N) and (!M) tags in the names. That is the sole reason why it became so popular and the only reason many people want it back.

Personally I don't care to see a custom name everywhere in Messenger. For me the important part is the contact list. Which is now a *beep* to search for someone specific when many of them have like 34522 character long names with colors and stuff.

[FRUSTRATION MODE]
MS can't even do a proper word wheel which searches in both nickname, screen name and email... :rolleyes:
[/FRUSTRATION MODE]