Shoutbox

Problems with WLM 8.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problems with WLM 8.5 (/showthread.php?tid=85485)

WLM 8.5 doing very odd things by zabrak on 08-19-2008 at 02:40 AM

I'll have my friends list minimized for about 2 min. or so and then it'll re-open...W...T...F? anybody know what's going on?

RE: WLM 8.5 doing very odd things by dbgarza on 08-19-2008 at 04:00 AM

Gee, I never have seen anyone with so much MSN problems before o.O

Is your computer haunted or something? is really too much issues the msn is giving you, I never heard of a contact list reopening alone, it happened to me with the conversation windows though, I had them minimized and if I minimize other windows the msn one gets back in view, but is nothing serious anyways.

Problems with WLM 8.5 by zabrak on 08-19-2008 at 05:48 AM

Probably my 21st problem in the past month:

Takes about 5 min. to load MSN. Sometimes the loading will timeout and start over, or freeze and I have to ctrl+alt+delete it and start over.

Also. when I have 10 or more people in a groupchat it starts to lag.

Also. If I send one of my friends a screenshot that I just did (via the Print Screen key) my MSN will freeze and I have to exit out and then re-sign in.

It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me) I was perfectly fine. And in terms of computer specs, my computer can very well handle MSN, lol.

RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by Spunky on 08-19-2008 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me)

It can be your computer ^o)

RE: RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by zabrak on 08-19-2008 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
It can't be the computer, because when I was using 9.0 beta (before that froze on me)

It can be your computer ^o)

no. Froze as in it didn't want to work anymore.
RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by dbgarza on 08-19-2008 at 11:45 PM

Wait a minute, lets recap, you were using WLM 9.0 beta and downgraded to 8.5?

Maybe the problem is there, maybe some of the registry entries are searching for the version 9.0?

Is really odd, I never heard of that much problems with msn for one single user, I heard them from separated users as in one has one problem, other one has a different one and so on, but 21 problems in one month? that's too much, I think it may be also something in your computer, maybe another program causing a conflict?

RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by CookieRevised on 08-19-2008 at 11:59 PM

Also the fact that you don't use any firewall and no antivirus (from what I've gathered in the other threads) might be a big issue here. I hope I "gathered" wrong too, for your own sake...

RE: RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by zabrak on 08-20-2008 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also the fact that you don't use any firewall and no antivirus (from what I've gathered in the other threads) might be a big issue here. I hope I "gathered" wrong too, for your own sake...

• Problems started to occur BEFORE I disabled the firewall. I disabled it for that sole reason alone - because of the problems
  • I have Nortan

quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Wait a minute, lets recap, you were using WLM 9.0 beta and downgraded to 8.5?

Maybe the problem is there, maybe some of the registry entries are searching for the version 9.0?

Is really odd, I never heard of that much problems with msn for one single user, I heard them from separated users as in one has one problem, other one has a different one and so on, but 21 problems in one month? that's too much, I think it may be also something in your computer, maybe another program causing a conflict?

I was forced to. 9.0 didn't feel like working on this computer (which is odd, because it works on other computers in this household) so I had to downgrade to 8.5
RE: Problems with WLM 8.5 by dbgarza on 08-20-2008 at 10:08 PM

Question, does the computer where you're having the problem has all the windows updates? if is Windows XP do you have Service Pack 3? there are also other set of optional updates that are kind of necesary, they are the Microsoft .NET Framework versions 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 with their respective services packs? as of late some parts of WLM may need them, Flash Player is up to date too?