Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update (/showthread.php?tid=85491)

[Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by riahc4 on 08-19-2008 at 01:59 PM

I just encountered my first moment with the script updating feature which is great but I just didnt like that it installed and then forced me to restart messenger. A restart later option would be nice.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by Basilis on 08-19-2008 at 02:37 PM

I agree with this. It would be a very nice thing to be done. Because it forces you to close all open conversations.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by joey on 08-19-2008 at 05:21 PM

and dont say this is a feature :P

i noticed this a while ago, and forgot all about it. but it is one of those rather annoying little things, no-one wants.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by pollolibredegrasa on 08-19-2008 at 05:27 PM

It is apparently by design.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by RebelSean on 08-19-2008 at 05:35 PM

That would dimenish the point of having automatic updates would it not ^o)? I mean, it takes about 10 seconds to restart messenger and to get signed back in.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by riahc4 on 08-19-2008 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
That would dimenish the point of having automatic updates would it not ^o)? I mean, it takes about 10 seconds to restart messenger and to get signed back in.

1. Not for some people when they have problems connecting to Messenger and this suddenly "kicks" them off

2. The option of not restarting is always nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
It should be like when you are enabling a new skin. It asks you if you want to restart your Messenger now or later. :)
QFT
RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by prashker on 08-19-2008 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As for the required restart for scripts, there are many reasons to that. One of them is that some scripts will display things after import or ask you stuff. I just don't want to flood you with these potential messages which could also prevent other scripts from updating correctly. So, to make thigns easier, I made it so that all scripts are updated on restart. For skins though, unless a file is locked (happens rarely), you don't need to restart.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by riahc4 on 08-19-2008 at 10:34 PM

Then its a error in the design. There should be a option (even though scripts might flood us with messages.) The error is that it pervents other scripts from being updated if we cancel.

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by hhhoedown on 08-23-2008 at 10:47 AM

Do your conversations reappear, with the log restored into the chat window when it signs back in?

RE: [Suggestion] Don't force a restart on a (script) update by Menthix on 08-23-2008 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hhhoedown
Do your conversations reappear, with the log restored into the chat window when it signs back in?
No. This would be a nice feature, having the last part of the logs restored inside the conversation window was a requested feature before. Plus! isn't able to display the log inside of the conversation window because of technical limitations.