Shoutbox

Web Developers Needed - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Web Developers Needed (/showthread.php?tid=85525)

Web Developers Needed by user27089 on 08-22-2008 at 07:14 AM

I've just got a massive website from a client that needs to be designed and I really can't handle the entire workload by myself. I have a few possible people who I could work with locally to help develop the website, but I really want the best for the client, and I know that there are some very talented people on this forum, so maybe one or two of you could help me.

I want some people who are very serious about web development, we'll be working together on an eCommerce system for a tailoring/cloth company, so it'd be nice to get together a team of people who are used to this environment. Once I've got a few people together, we'll then discuss your payment, which will be by the hour.

If you do a good job, then I'll probably use you in the future. If it is possible can anybody who posts show a few examples of their work.

RE: Web Developers Needed by djdannyp on 08-22-2008 at 11:00 AM

I'd be willing to get involved.  I'm unemployed at the moment after finishing uni and there's only so many hours of Playstation/DS that you can play in one day!

I've got some previous experience with web design, I ran my own football reports website for a while and I've performed paid maintenance on www.funkybirdbox.co.uk, including adding their checkout facility via paypal.

I'm also currently buidling another football reports website for myself so I'm kinda in the mood for web design.

I've also done quite a lot of graphics design using Photoshop/Fireworks and I've got Dreamweaver and Flash on my system too.

Just let me know :)

RE: Web Developers Needed by Nathan on 08-22-2008 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I've just got a massive website from a client that needs to be designed and I really can't handle the entire workload by myself. I have a few possible people who I could work with locally to help develop the website, but I really want the best for the client, and I know that there are some very talented people on this forum, so maybe one or two of you could help me.

I want some people who are very serious about web development, we'll be working together on an eCommerce system for a tailoring/cloth company, so it'd be nice to get together a team of people who are used to this environment. Once I've got a few people together, we'll then discuss your payment, which will be by the hour.

If you do a good job, then I'll probably use you in the future. If it is possible can anybody who posts show a few examples of their work.
I can give it a go.

http://www.touch-innovation.com (custom cms coded by moi, design by moi) and i've recently done some for other people (but I don't know if I can disclose in public..)

RE: Web Developers Needed by absorbation on 08-22-2008 at 11:21 AM

Luke I will help, it would be good for my personal statement.

RE: Web Developers Needed by Eddie on 08-22-2008 at 12:07 PM

I am willing to help out with this :) unfortunately at this current time i have no website that is actively running, i have one that is a former project but now only has a closed screen, but i am also working on a business website called http://www.kineticmaint.com for a mine site maintenance company in Western Australia (Y)

RE: Web Developers Needed by Spunky on 08-22-2008 at 12:42 PM

Bah, professional websites... Whatever happened to just writing stuff out in a text file and changing the extention to html to make it look like you could code? :p

I would offer to help as it would look very good for my new job that I should be getting, but I have a very unique "style" that is probably not up to people's standards lol

RE: Web Developers Needed by Th3rmal on 08-22-2008 at 12:56 PM

i would help, except im shit at it :P, nathan and eddie can back that statement up ;o .

Good luck with everything tho =]

RE: Web Developers Needed by andrewdodd13 on 08-22-2008 at 03:56 PM

I could help if need be, although there's a catch.

Draw me something and I can code it, but do not ask me to draw. :)

I think my avatar can be used as an example of this. :P

RE: Web Developers Needed by user27089 on 08-22-2008 at 04:24 PM

I think a few people have misunderstood my first post, I'm loving some of the sites you're showing they're great (yours stood out in particular Nathan), I'm a web designer myself and I can do the design work. What I'm looking for is some back-end developers to create or modify an eCommerce system etc.

I'm also looking for a few people that are experienced with flash.

What my client is looking for is a temporary website for tailored clothing, whilst working in the background to develop a large tailoring website to produce a '3D Model' of what they're ordering.

I don't want people to just say they'll do it and not have the experience, I am really calling to those individuals who will do a spectacular job, because we're talking about thousands of pounds here.

RE: Web Developers Needed by SimonHodgkiss on 08-22-2008 at 07:11 PM

What type of back-end developement coding are you looking at?

ASP.NET right ?

RE: Web Developers Needed by MeEtc on 08-22-2008 at 07:19 PM

I may be interested in doing this, but I won't be available until August 30. Also, I only know PHP/MySQL, I'm not sure if thats what you'll be using.
I'm no good at any kind of visual design, but I sure can code

RE: Web Developers Needed by Nathan on 08-22-2008 at 08:00 PM

I know php and mysql, but i've never implemented it with paypal, and shopping systems (making a shopping cart in php where it stores whatever the person buys, would be easy, but the actual "buying part" i've never done.)

RE: Web Developers Needed by Felu on 08-23-2008 at 03:44 AM

Any rough estimate of what all is there to be done. Just saying "modify an eCommerce system" isn't really enough. I've worked as a freelance programmer an year or so ago. I'm now into Internet Marketing(Affiliate Marketing), so got a pretty good idea fo how eCommerce systems work.

Also, a good experience with Paypal's IPN... if that is needed.

If you could shed some details on what exactly is needed to be done, I'd give this a thought.

Another thing, you could look on for programmers on freelance sites. They probably won't work for as cheap as you'd get people here, but surely would be a lot more experienced. And when its a matter of thousands of pounds, i don't think so you'd mind spending a bit extra.