Shoutbox

Remove the search bar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Remove the search bar (/showthread.php?tid=85529)

Remove the search bar by Ryddyck on 08-22-2008 at 12:30 PM

Hi all, i've a new problem ASD
I want to remove the Search on web bar (the bar under contact list);
I search on forum, and i try to remove it, with a tutorial on msg plus resource, ok... do it, but don't work!
Have you a new method to remove it? i change the layoutpos=bottom to none, to remove it, in 923 definition, doesn't work!
Thanks in advance!

RE: Remove the search bar by Basilis on 08-22-2008 at 12:43 PM

Are you sure you have replaced the file in the SkinInfo? Have you put the definition file into your skin's folder? These are common mistakes when you are new to skinning. I remember myself doing those mistakes numerous times. :) Does your skin's folder contain any SkinTrace file?

RE: Remove the search bar by Ryddyck on 08-22-2008 at 04:15 PM

yes, i set it on skininfo, and located the definition in my foldercase for skin, when i try it, at the restart of messenger, messenger is start, but the grafic no, in trayicon there was the icon of messenger, but on the desktop the messenger with skin there wasn't

RE: Remove the search bar by Basilis on 08-22-2008 at 05:59 PM

There is definitely an error in your skin that prevents Messenger from showing. To just make your Messenger come up again, cut and paste the skin's folder somewhere else so Messenger will have no files to load and so it will come up. To fix the issue, there must be a SkinTrace in your skin's folder. Check that out and see where the error is or attach the file here and we will tell you what to do. :)

RE: Remove the search bar by Ryddyck on 08-23-2008 at 12:28 PM

I'm idiot! I have been wrong to write in the skininfo. Thanks equally Basilis