Shoutbox

[Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname (/showthread.php?tid=85544)

[Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-22-2008 at 09:22 PM

I always like having an image that goes with with my personal message, and vice versa.

I downloaded a script for automatically changing my PM and another for changing my image. I tried to synchronize them both, so the images and messages made sense together, but it was imposible to make them work at exactly the same time.

¿Could you please create a script for automatically and simultaneously changing PM and Image, and if you want, also Nickname?

Thank you :)

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-23-2008 at 09:49 AM

Indeed, it's impossible

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Spunky on 08-23-2008 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Indeed, it's impossible

How is it impossible? It's very easy to be honest (as long as by nickname he means the Display Name
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-23-2008 at 10:37 AM

That makes the difference.. If he'd mean the name seen by contacts in Windows Live (Hot)mail, it'd be impossible.

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-23-2008 at 04:35 PM

Yes, I must confess I don't know the difference between nickname and display name :$... I use Live Messenger in spanish, so everything has a different name. I thought it was the nickname cause I found a script called Nickchanger :P

But anyway, I'm particularly interested in just changing the PM and Image simultaneously, I just suggested also the display name thinking that there could be someone else also interested in changing their name besides the PM and image.

So can you help me :)?

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by ShawnZ on 08-23-2008 at 04:40 PM

quote:
That makes the difference.. If he'd mean the name seen by contacts in Windows Live (Hot)mail, it'd be impossible.

...why would you think he meant that?
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-23-2008 at 06:45 PM

Okay, now I'd like you to describe in full detail what you actually want the script to do, E.g. do you want it all to go automatically, or do you want to use an interface window to set a new display name?

I think I should be able to do it ;) (not sure of course :P )

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-23-2008 at 07:41 PM

...sorry, but I don't get the difference between your two examples :S.

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-23-2008 at 07:44 PM

The first one, is to update stuff every X minutes/seconds (or whatever), the second example is to make a full-featured script with a set of windows that allow you to configure stuff yourself (including Name & DP update intervals).

EDIT::

Can you think of a good name as well? :P (I can't :P )

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-23-2008 at 10:19 PM

It would be excellent if it had it's own window, where me or whomever could coordinate the list of PMs with the list of images, and the list of display names; and also set the amount of seconds in each set of name/image/PM.

I ain't good with names, but I guess it should be something like
"AutoDN-DP-PM", referring to Display Name, Display Picture and Personal Message.

What do you think :P?

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-24-2008 at 07:39 AM

I'm workin' on it :P

PS I'll try to use languages as well, using a brand new system. I'll do Dutch and English myself. You've said you use a Spanish version of WLM.. Perhaps you can do a Spanish translation?

I need to ask you one more question:

Do you explicitly want the script to run on XP and Vista, or just Vista?

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-24-2008 at 10:49 PM

Thanks for doing this :D.

I didn't know that the operative system made a diference, actually I only use Windows XP.

I'm glad you haven't finished it, I had a little idea this morning and I don't know if it's too complicated or even possible... Is it possible that the rotation list of PMs include the show what i'm listening as one of the options?

I currently have the show what I'm listening option deactivated so I can show my PM, but I think it would be really cool if it was possible to show both.

What do you think?

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Spunky on 08-25-2008 at 12:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo
Is it possible that the rotation list of PMs include the show what i'm listening as one of the options?

You can set the PSM to the now playing (text is shown as a link etc) with a choice of 3 icons (Games, Office and Music). The link still takes you to msn music however.

Also, the operating system really shouldn't make a difference at all to the script. It's a simple script that relies on MsgPlus' native code (mostly)
RE: RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-25-2008 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Also, the operating system really shouldn't make a difference at all to the script. It's a simple script that relies on MsgPlus' native code (mostly)

Well, if I would have used my Command line control (A button style introduced in Vista) class, it would have.

I'll now try to move on to the TabControl..
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-25-2008 at 10:36 PM

Hey SmokingCookie :D. You didn't answer my question about including the "Now Playing" within the PM list.

Do you think its possible :)?

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 08-26-2008 at 04:47 PM

:wall:

It is possible, as I've seen some scripts doing so.

I should tell you though, now that school has begun again, I get to do much homework, slowing the development. Well, I don't think very badly, but still: development won't be as quick as during the holidays..

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Spunky on 08-26-2008 at 07:53 PM

quote:

Well, if I would have used my Command line control (A button style introduced in Vista) class, it would have.

I'll now try to move on to the TabControl..

Just a tip:
It's probably best to use techniques available in all target OS'. For example, MP!L runs on a minimum of XP, so only use things that are available from XP onwards. If something is depreciated in VISTA for example, the new method should be available in XP anyway else you will have to do some OS detection

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 08-26-2008 at 07:54 PM

Ok, thanks for the heads up :)

Well I am very excited waiting for the script, but I know this is a favor your doing for someone that doesn't have your knowledge or skills in scripting, so I don't have a problem with waiting :)

Thank you for your help SC

RE: RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 09-06-2008 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo
Ok, thanks for the heads up :)

Well I am very excited waiting for the script, but I know this is a favor your doing for someone that doesn't have your knowledge or skills in scripting, so I don't have a problem with waiting :)

Thank you for your help SC

Good :P

Anyhow, I'll have some time to work on it now, so I'll try to do something useful :P

Well, at last I got my very own and new language system working, so I'll have no more complications (I hope).
RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 09-09-2008 at 04:06 PM

THAT'S EXCELLENT :D!

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 09-10-2008 at 08:54 AM

Okay, now I DO have a complication: Plus! no longer seems to call the OnEvent or OnWindowIdEvent functions..

I am going to attach have attached a beta version of this script with the Dutch and English languages (other languages are not yet important), so that anyone can confirm this bug (to see if it's either in Plus! or in my PC). You can ignore the update warnings (they are only for tests)

I am stunned

I have given another script the files of this one, looked at the debugger for that script and nothing happens..

<attachment removed>

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Spunky on 09-10-2008 at 12:02 PM

No, it's something wrong with the script. The menus don't show. You can't use commands and I told you to stick with things that will work with XP as well as Vista (task dialogs don't)

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 09-18-2008 at 04:14 PM

I have an alternative for the task dialog, which is used if GetVesion (Kernel32.dll) returns less than 6 (Low-order of course).

YEEEHAA!!

Thanks to Matty, it's working again :D
(Okay, it's a stupid error, but it won't happen again)

(Somebody give him a beer or something, I'm not 16 so can't buy beer :P )

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by Gerardo on 09-18-2008 at 07:40 PM

I really don't get what you're saying (typing) but I'm really glad to know that :P Thanks for all your dedication SC :)

RE: [Request] A script for simultaneously changing image, personal message, and nickname by SmokingCookie on 09-19-2008 at 01:45 PM

Well, in short, I said that some script functions of Messenger Plus! Live itself would not "run", preventing the script doing anything at all. In other words, I could not get it to start.