Shoutbox

Blocking - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Blocking (/showthread.php?tid=85561)

Blocking by Lilith on 08-23-2008 at 04:34 PM

Hi
My question is if I have deleted a contact from Messenger plus, but didn't block the contact first can the deleted contact see my status when I sign in on-line and can they still talk to me?  If so how can I stop this?

Thanks

RE: Blocking by Dex Luther on 08-23-2008 at 04:49 PM

Yes, they can.

There's two solutions to your question.

#1: You re-add them (they won't have to accept or anything) just so you can click the block check box when you delete them again (or block them manually).

#2: Wait for them to send you a message. The chat will have a message telling you the person isn't in your contact list in the little yellow bar. Simply click block and close the chat.

RE: Blocking by Lilith on 08-23-2008 at 08:14 PM

Thanks a lot for your reply

that's very helpful.

RE: Blocking by Dex Luther on 08-23-2008 at 09:34 PM

My pleasure.

RE: Blocking by Sunshine on 08-23-2008 at 10:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dex Luther
Yes, they can.

There's two solutions to your question.

#1: You re-add them (they won't have to accept or anything) just so you can click the block check box when you delete them again (or block them manually).

#2: Wait for them to send you a message. The chat will have a message telling you the person isn't in your contact list in the little yellow bar. Simply click block and close the chat.
Or you go to Tools > Options > Privacy, find that contact in the allow list, select it and move to block list by either right clicking and choose "move to block list"  or clicking the "block" button.