Shoutbox

WLM Options Box - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM Options Box (/showthread.php?tid=85565)

WLM Options Box by Quantum on 08-23-2008 at 10:44 PM

Don't you think the Options Box for windows live messenger is a bit dull using a basic window whilst the rest of WLM has an advanced and colorful GUI?

It has basic colors and if you compare it to the rest of messenger it doesnt look good at all.

Why is the options box not as "cool" as wlm.

Does anyone agree with me?

RE: WLM Options Box by Jimbo on 08-23-2008 at 10:49 PM

Do you really stare at the options window for a long period of time? Why does it matter?

RE: WLM Options Box by Quantum on 08-23-2008 at 10:52 PM

I hate the layout of it and the way it's categoryized. It's compicated to find and option the first time you look for it.

RE: WLM Options Box by ryxdp on 08-23-2008 at 11:09 PM

8-)

I'm willing to bet (as I haven't used it yet) that WLM9 will fix that "issue". It's going to be annoying as hell for us skinners, with all the new windows and stuff, but at least it'll fit in more.

RE: RE: WLM Options Box by Dex Luther on 08-24-2008 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
8-)

I'm willing to bet (as I haven't used it yet) that WLM9 will fix that "issue". It's going to be annoying as hell for us skinners, with all the new windows and stuff, but at least it'll fit in more.

It's pretty much the same as in WLM8.5, just with a few new options scattered here and there.

The options menu is something that should follow K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid). I don't really mind it. Don't really have to look too hard for what I'm looking for.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=923591]
RE: RE: RE: WLM Options Box by ryxdp on 08-24-2008 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dex Luther
It's pretty much the same as in WLM8.5, just with a few new options scattered here and there.

Yeah, but it is still in beta, isn't it? :P A lot can change between now and its official release.

EDIT: I too have to admit I don't really care much about the UI of the current Options panel...I mean, it's not like I spend my whole life looking at it. Probably its most common use is changing your display name, and even that use can be remedied with StuffPlug.

EDIT 2: Congrats on the Posting Freak status ;)
RE: WLM Options Box by Quantum on 08-24-2008 at 09:04 AM

Thanks for the information :)