Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 (/showthread.php?tid=85571)

Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Music Head on 08-24-2008 at 08:00 AM

Just got a hold of the new beta version of 9.0, and was wondering if a Plus! update will be released anytime soon to work with this version? I haven't tried reinstalling Plus! yet, just assumed if it worked it'd've migrated across. I love the new design. If anyone wants screenshots of a certain feature i'll be happy to show them.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spunky on 08-24-2008 at 08:11 AM

WLM is compatible with the latest WLM 9.0 BETA, which you should NOT be using

I keep repeating this in the hopes that some people will understand that they are holding up development of the program and ruining it for everyone else.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Music Head on 08-24-2008 at 08:13 AM

How am i holding up development it was sent out to me though the Microsoft Connect site?!?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by prashker on 08-24-2008 at 08:15 AM

MP!L does not load in this new build.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by ryxdp on 08-24-2008 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
WLM is compatible with the latest WLM 9.0 BETA

It had better be...I can't imagine what I'd do if I got WLM 9 and it told me it wasn't compatible with itself :sad:

:P
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spunky on 08-24-2008 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
WLM is compatible with the latest WLM 9.0 BETA

It had better be...I can't imagine what I'd do if I got WLM 9 and it told me it wasn't compatible with itself :sad:

:P

Pft STFU :p lol

I'm not referring to the latest WLM that I didn't know was actually being passed around yet.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Music Head on 08-24-2008 at 09:50 AM

Please do elaborate on how the development process is being held up by those select few who are using builds they shouldn't have?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spunky on 08-24-2008 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Music Head
Please do elaborate on how the development process is being held up by those select few who are using builds they shouldn't have?

9.0 is not final. Meaning that all the bugs and errors that are coming up should be reported if you are a BETA tester. All those reports would tend to slow them down a bit. Now, that in itself is not a bad thing (ie having a more stable program), but then you also get the useless reports and suggestions ("I think you should add this because x program has it and this add-on can do this and I like this, but get rid of that").

The fact is that it was a closed BETA and only so many copies were made available for a reason. I don't care if we can see any negative effects or not from where we are. It's people like you using the BETA that request all these updates to make stuff compatible with the version you are using, putting more work on people like us the develop software/scripts/skins and offer help with non-public software.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RamGuy on 08-24-2008 at 11:51 AM

The latest version of Messenger Plus! Live DOES NOT work with the latest Windows Live Messenger 9.0 BETA (build: 14.03.3921.717)

Could we hope for a fast small update?

I' m really liking the new BETA, the new cosmetic feeling / GUI is actually very nice and have this "smooth feeling", didn't really like the move from MSN Messenger 7.0 to Windows Live Messenger 8.0, but this time I find things to move into the right direction!

Besides the cosmetic changes it doesn't seems to be that much new, it's all GUI changes (and some BUG fixed I guess)

All I need now is a Mess-Patch / A-Patch and Messenger Plus! Live working with this new version! :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RebelSean on 08-24-2008 at 01:14 PM

First of all, noone should be using the leaked build. It's not useful and of course, like any beta, has many problems and bugs.

Patchou does not and will not release a update to Messenger Plus! Live to support a beta build. :)

Please understand.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by ShawnZ on 08-24-2008 at 01:48 PM

note to everyone: use whatever the hell build you want, but bugs are your own problem -- not ours, not microsoft's.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by CookieRevised on 08-24-2008 at 01:49 PM

ermmm......

Yes, a new 9.0 Beta is going to be passed to a select few testers. If the guys here (Music Head, RamGuy) are in that group, then no, they wont held up development.

But ANYONE who is not an official beta tester and DID NOT got the (new) beta via the official channels, or ANYONE who leaks a private beta, DOES hold up development like explained by SpunkyLoveMuff.

Also, Music Head, the point of internal betas is quite often to test some specific stuff under special conditions. Those conditions and test cases are explained in the communication from MS. If you use something you shouldn't be using you don't have access to those notes, remarks and test cases. And that could cause problems to those who are trying to test stuff properly.

Not to mention the very simple fact that if you leak stuff or are using leaked stuff, MS will be less and less generous to those who can keep things to themselfs, just to minimize the chance that someone is cheating. So you actually are punishing the official testers and making it harder and harder for them to test your precious IM client. aka: less bugs and issues are found in the wild, not more!.

But, RamGuy, being a beta tester (and especially if you are in the first batch of testers who have the previledge to test this new version out as first) is not about simply 'having' a new version and then almost demanding that everything else is compatible with it. The point of getting the beta is to test it out, without any addons! Things will still change a lot till it is released, so it is useless to make stuff compatible just because you 'need' it with this version. That is totally not what being a tester is about.

just MHO...

As said by RebelSean, Plus! will not be made 100% compatible with an internal private beta. Unless the compatibility changes would be extremely simple to do.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Sunshine on 08-24-2008 at 02:21 PM

If they were official beta testers then they'd understand add-ons can not be expected to work with it. They'd also understand that those add-on authors might not even have access to that version, let alone be able to provide a working version with it instantly....

They would also understand that outside official channels support for betas will and can not be given, so whatever bug comes from it will be their own to solve.

In short: they would not be here "demanding" a compatible Plus! version to begin with.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RamGuy on 08-24-2008 at 02:37 PM

Whom is demanding anything?

I'm perfectly aware of what a "BEAT version" means, and I'm not here asking for bug feedback etc.. I'm simply confirming what is not working with this new build (Messenger Plus! Live did work with the previous 9.0 build), it's not like that's a bug, it's common sense that new versions often need updated add-ons.

I'm just saying that I really like the new build, I really enjoy the new cosmetic feeling, sadly there doesn't seem to be that many new features but the GUI itself keeps me using it!

I'm not demanding anything, I'm not complaining either.
Just saying that all I miss with this new build is the support of mess / a-patch and Messenger Plus! Live, I can't really see the harm in saying that?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by vaccination on 08-24-2008 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RamGuy

Could we hope for a fast small update?
You can't really get a 'fast small update' when the entire GUI has been redesigned.

Not to mention, even if Patchou did support beta builds, the update would be heavily tested to make sure everything did play nice with a complete new version of WLM, which of course takes time too.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by lordtinuviel on 08-24-2008 at 07:31 PM

apatch is out

http://www.apatch.org/downloads.php

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by piposervisair on 08-25-2008 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
First of all, noone should be using the leaked build. It's not useful and of course, like any beta, has many problems and bugs.

Patchou does not and will not release a update to Messenger Plus! Live to support a beta build. :)

Please understand.

Well Well, sounds like military talk "Patchou DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE A UPDATE". Sorry for asking Colonel Sir.

May i ask the Colonel a question Sir??

Why in the past Pachou did make quick updates for beta, and now he wont?? Sir.

God damn man, talk normal and not like a US Military man.

Peace & B-Wild

p.s. Nope i don;t understand it. Please Reply

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
ermmm......

Yes, a new 9.0 Beta is going to be passed to a select few testers. If the guys here (Music Head, RamGuy) are in that group, then no, they wont held up development.

But ANYONE who is not an official beta tester and DID NOT got the (new) beta via the official channels, or ANYONE who leaks a private beta, DOES hold up development like explained by SpunkyLoveMuff.

may is ask where you read this crap :S:S:S. I got my beta true some 1 from microsoft, not even true beta site of Microsoft it self, so that means personal of MS will hold up the development of this version. Ya right.

Let me think, when was that. O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development, Nope it just help MS with that.

The same with Windows Se7en (Yes i have the first beta of it). MS even open up a site where the public can see what MS is doing with Windos Se7en.

So please stop the Bull about holding up development of WLM, in the past years more beta's leak and never did that stop or hold up the product.

So people test it like a motherF, and MS likes that.

Peace
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Eddie on 08-25-2008 at 12:51 PM

Patchou never made quick updates for past betas at all, the betas that he made an update for were those that were easier and public betas such as the 8.5 Beta and the widely released 9.0 Beta that was released / leaked. As far as i know those were the only releases that supported a beta, and that was simply because of the mass amount of people using the betas and the known length of time the beta was going to be available without change. As multiple people have stated, in Betas many things change, so there is no point making an effort to make something compatible when it could break again soon.

Also Windows Se7en was only provided to a select amount of partner companies in an effort to improve the compatibility issues that occurred during the release of Windows Vista, everyone knows of the Windows 7 release for torrents and stuff, not doubting that you may have legally obtained the beta, but the chances are slim. And believe it or not, when things are released and leaked publicly without Microsoft permission there are many more people using it than there should, therefore MS have a lot more work to do, and by downloading leaks your simply making MS more cautious about there releases to beta testers which DOES slow down the process.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Basilis on 08-25-2008 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Not to mention, even if Patchou did support beta builds, the update would be heavily tested to make sure everything did play nice with a complete new version of WLM, which of course takes time too.
Does that mean Patchou may need more testers to test Plus! so he is sure everything is fine? :D

quote:
Originally posted by piposervisair
Well Well, sounds like military talk "Patchou DOES NOT AND WILL NOT RELEASE A UPDATE". Sorry for asking Colonel Sir.

He wasn't rude to you. He just explained you the situation. He is not responsible for Patchou not updating Plus! for a BETA, which is absolutely logical. Users are supposed to use the official WLM version so Patchou has no reason to update his software. BETAs are usually buggy and there are changes from one BETA to another. It is not as easy as it sounds to update Plus! for the new BETA. :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Nathan on 08-25-2008 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis

quote:Originally posted by vaccination

Does that mean Patchou may need more testers to test Plus! so he is sure everything is fine? (Smilie)

Not necessarily, he means we would have to go through every little bit, over and over again. Just to make sure.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RebelSean on 08-25-2008 at 01:23 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean

Please understand.

Why in the past Pachou did make quick updates for beta, and now he wont?? Sir.

God damn man, talk normal and not like a US Military man.

Peace & B-Wild

p.s. Nope i don;t understand it. Please Reply

I wasn't trying to sound like that, and I do appologize if I did. I simply was stating that he won't release an update until the product comes out of beta. During the entire beta process, products can change darastically. So there isn't a point to update Plus! Live, especially in the early stages. As already explained, the UI has been completely re-designed, and it's not (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) going to be easy for Patchou to just issue an update.

As Cookie already explained, one shouldn't be using a beta build that isn't intended for them. When you use a beta, you're going to encounter many bugs and glitchs, which are going to simply piss a normal user off and in turn they're going to bitch. So it's our, the beta team, job to find the bugs etc and report them to the development team to get them fixed.

Also, I'm not aware of Patchou releasing any update to Plus! to support a beta build. He, however, might have done it prior to me joining the community (Years ago).

quote:
quote:
ermmm......

may is ask where you read this crap :S:S:S. I got my beta true some 1 from microsoft, not even true beta site of Microsoft it self, so that means personal of MS will hold up the development of this version. Ya right.

Let me think, when was that. O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development, Nope it just help MS with that.

The same with Windows Se7en (Yes i have the first beta of it). MS even open up a site where the public can see what MS is doing with Windos Se7en.

So please stop the Bull about holding up development of WLM, in the past years more beta's leak and never did that stop or hold up the product.

Peace

Actually, in the last three beta phases, the leaks postponed the release. Not only did they slow down the beta proccess of Messenger itself, it also slowed down the entire release of Wave2. :).
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by vaccination on 08-25-2008 at 03:33 PM

quote:
O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development
Yes.
RE: RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Dex Luther on 08-25-2008 at 04:24 PM

quote:

There's a difference between releasing a product for public beta, private beta, and putting up a website to inform the interested.

The differences have already been explained.

quote:

Not when you aren't testing what they want to test, and you have no idea what it is they're wanting to test. Therefore, you are of no use to them.

If there wasn't a specific goal for their testing and just wanted to test it like a MF, then they would have released it as a public beta like they did when WLM 8 first came out.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by mattisdada on 08-26-2008 at 10:59 AM

If i remember correctly the following beta's were supported:
8(the many 8 beta's)

So preety much every one :P. But remember, im not saying this as fact, just as i remember.....

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by absorbation on 08-26-2008 at 11:06 AM

quote:
quote:
O, yah 2-3 years ago, Microsoft launch his biggest beta test program in history with Vista. Did that hold up development
Yes.

Was probably the longest they would milk out an OS with so little changes for the years they spent on it :P.
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by CookieRevised on 08-26-2008 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mattisdada
If i remember correctly the following beta's were supported:
8(the many 8 beta's)

So preety much every one :P. But remember, im not saying this as fact, just as i remember.....
it is indeed not a fact.

There were many betas for each major version you listed to begin with. And not all those betas were supported by Plus!. Only the public betas. And some of the private betas (which were certainly not alpha versions but versions which were know to be become public soon!!) were supported by beta versions of Plus! because they needed to be tested out with the new Plus! so it could be ready for the public. In some cases Plus! even reconized beta versions and refused to work with them.

--

The fact remains that Patchou will never make Plus! intentionally compatible with private WLM alpha/beta versions which are still going to change a lot in a short time.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RamGuy on 08-26-2008 at 06:33 PM

Well, the first BETA of WLM9.0 was supported, wasn't it?

And that has to be the most unfinished BETAs of all I've seen this far, the first WLM9.0 BETA was kinda a WLM8.5 with moving avatars and quite a few bugs, not even close to be the same as the new BETA.

But that one is supported? Go figure if Patchou doesn't update for minor leaked BETA release..

quote:
As Cookie already explained, one shouldn't be using a beta build that isn't intended for them. When you use a beta, you're going to encounter many bugs and glitchs, which are going to simply piss a normal user off and in turn they're going to bitch. So it's our, the beta team, job to find the bugs etc and report them to the development team to get them fixed.

Jesus, a BETA does not necessary mean lots of bugs and crashes..
Sounds like using the new WLM9.0 BETA is committing suicide, like you WILL experience HUGE issues, which WILL piss you off!

Can't really say that's the truth, the WLM8.0 BETA was a pain in the ass but I haven't really noticed any issues WHATSOEVER with this new 9.0BETA. It's actually feeling better, more responsive and "smooth" than the 8.5 Final version, the webcam windows seems slightly increased (I have yet to understand why the heck we can't make them as big we want??) and the "be signed in at multiply places at once" is actually working (couldn't get that to work with the first WLM9.0BETA, but then again that BETA wasn't really much a BETA, just a WLM8.5 with supported animated avatars and quite a few bugs)

I don't see the harm in asking Patchou for a update?
What's wrong with that? We did get one for the first WLM9.0BETA (which we really could call a WLM9.0 Alpha in my opinion)

So why can't we hope for another one this time?
It was all the same with the first WLM9.0 BETA, Patchou don't do BETA's and blab, blab, blab.. And then suddenly it was supported!

quote:
it is indeed not a fact.

There were many betas for each major version you listed to begin with. And not all those betas were supported by Plus!. Only the public betas. And some of the private betas (which were certainly not alpha versions but versions which were know to be become public soon!!) were supported by beta versions of Plus! because they needed to be tested out with the new Plus! so it could be ready for the public. In some cases Plus! even reconized beta versions and refused to work with them.

Care to explain how the first "BETA" of Live Messenger 9.0 got supported? It was a leaked BETA, it was in my opinion not worth the "BETA tag" but rather a "alpha tag".

If Patchou NEVER do support leaked versions, why is BETA1 of WLM9.0 supported then? I can't really understand that?

I agree that it's stupid to expect Messenger Live! Plus to be compatible with BETA's, at least leaked ones! But that doesn't mean it's stupid to ask nicely if Patchou might got plans for making a version that works with it, is it?

And basted on the past where the first leaked BETA of WLM9.0 suddenly got supported, why can't we hope for the same to happen again?
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Vilkku on 08-26-2008 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Care to explain how the first "BETA" of Live Messenger 9.0 got supported? It was a leaked BETA, it was in my opinion not worth the "BETA tag" but rather a "alpha tag".
Because of the lack of changes compared to the released WLM and that beta, Plus! simply happened to work - no extra work was put it to make it support it.

I did a quick search, and there was no mention of any WLM9 beta support in any post made by Patchou, except a note not to use it.

You even said it yourself:
quote:
the first WLM9.0 BETA was kinda a WLM8.5

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 08-26-2008 at 06:47 PM

This is getting ridiculous :s. Thereīs no point in having pages long discussions without even a single post from Patchou.

Sure, we can hope for a quick Plus! update, I think every Plus! user hopes that. However, there are more changes (especially internally) in the new beta build, compared to the old 9.0 build. Making Plus! compatible with the new build wont be so easy as last time.

The reason for compatibility with last 9.0 build was because the beta testing stopped... new beta builds werenīt expected for a long time.
Itīs different this time because the currently leaked build is already old according to mess.be, and beta testing will apparently be resumed shortly, meaning a lot of new builds and changes will be released. It wouldnīt be the first time MS completely changes the internal working in between two beta builds. I can understand why Patchou wouldnīt want to waste time on compatibility for each beta build if a new beta build might be released just a week later anyway.

But yes, we can hope.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by vaccination on 08-26-2008 at 07:00 PM

RamGuy, you need to realise that there is a huge difference in Plus being able to integrate itself with a new version on it's own, and Patchou making an update.

Just because Plus sorta worked with the first beta, doesn't mean Patchou actually made an update(which he didn't, afaik.)

The only beta Patchou has ever made an actual update to Plus for is the 8.5 Public Beta, iirc, and that was only because it was public and practically a final version(at least that's what I believe to be his reasons for making an update for it, I'm not speaking for him =p).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Quantum on 08-26-2008 at 07:31 PM

Will there be multi-webcam in 9.0?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by CookieRevised on 08-26-2008 at 09:47 PM

quote:
But that doesn't mean it's stupid to ask nicely if Patchou might got plans for making a version that works with it, is it?
It certainly is when people keep on insisting while everybody here has explained again and again how Patchou deals with private beta's. Moreover, all this can also be read on previous still existing threads where people like you keep on insisting and where we and even Patchou himself said _exactly_ the same thing as we said now...

To quote myself, again
quote:
The fact remains that Patchou will never make Plus! intentionally compatible with private WLM alpha/beta versions which are still going to change a lot in a short time.
You can 'hope' all you want but I think that sums up everything and answers your questions....

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Patchou on 08-27-2008 at 04:27 AM

For now, no update is planned for the alpha/buggy/bad-looking version of WLM9 that was leaked a couple of days ago. Too much time involved in doing this kind of thing for no real purpose. We'll see how things go in the next couple of months.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by piposervisair on 08-27-2008 at 11:04 AM

What is the bad look of it then :S. I love the new look.

Hope to see update in next months or so, maybe some 1 will find out to make plus work with this.

I keep looking with google :D.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Basilis on 08-27-2008 at 12:36 PM

quote:
What is the bad look of it then :S. I love the new look.
Well, the look of the new WLM 9.0 has too much white. Actually, it is just very simple. In my opinion, only version 8.1 had a simple but nice design. This one looks kinda bad.
quote:
Hope to see update in next months or so, maybe some 1 will find out to make plus work with this.

I keep looking with google :D.
I don't think someone knows and will make an update for Plus!, but if someone tries to make an update, it is almost sure it is going to be buggy. Only Patchou is sure to create a proper update.
By searching on Google, you might be taken to sites offering Plus! for 9.0 while it will probably be a virus. :)
Windows Live Messenger 9.0 + PlusLive 5 by Spongshga on 08-30-2008 at 02:45 PM

hi gives a beta or test version from the Messenger Plus! Live 5, i know that build it, but i have a messege from Microsoft to tested the Windows Live Messenger 9, and i think cool than can i testet the new Messenger Plus! Live version for Windows Live Messenger 9. Pleas give an answer from admins ore ride PrivatMessege in my forum profil.
mfg Sebi i take every tool on Windows Live Messenger 9!!! (german)

PS: German user used pleas
: http://free-hack.com/viewtopic.php?t=55817&highlight=

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by djdannyp on 08-30-2008 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spongshga
hi gives a beta or test version from the Messenger Plus! Live 5, i know that build it, but i have a messege from Microsoft to tested the Windows Live Messenger 9, and i think cool than can i testet the new Messenger Plus! Live version for Windows Live Messenger 9. Pleas give an answer from admins ore ride PrivatMessege in my forum profil.
mfg Sebi i take every tool on Windows Live Messenger 9!!! (german)

at the moment there is no messenger plus live in development for windows live messenger 9

patchou stated that he is not going to update the program for only a private beta.

congratulations on being selected to be a tester for wlm 9.0, however there is no correlation between being a tester for wlm and a tester for plus.
german infos Windows Live Messenger 9.0 + MP!L5 by Spongshga on 08-30-2008 at 03:42 PM

i know but i think about it to testet the plus live 5... i know that an new version works ... i have a secred quell... but ...whathever
yehar... i wishe i was a plus live tester for the next fullversion 5!

German Messenger 9 News:
http://free-hack.com/viewtopic.php?p=411664#411664

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 08-30-2008 at 03:55 PM

Your English is pretty bad, i have a hard time understanding it. But there is no such thing as Messenger Plus! Live 5. There hasn't even been any planning on any version newer than 4.70.

If you want to be a betatester for the next version (when it does get made)... Stick around on the forums, when Patchou needs new testers he will post a thread about it, currently there is no way for new testers to apply.

quote:
Originally posted by Spongshga
German Messenger 9 News:
http://<REMOVED>/viewtopic.php?p=411664#411664

That post say "New information... about WLM9 and MP!L5" and links back to your own post here. That doesn't make any sense. There is no such thing as MP!L5 :s.
yeah v.v by Spongshga on 08-30-2008 at 04:05 PM

yes, sry my english is bad... sry.

how i finde the beta teser post????
-i want be an betertester!

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 08-30-2008 at 04:11 PM

New betatesters are not needed at the moment, so there is no beta tester post.

When Patchou does need new betatesters he will make a new post. But it could take months or years before he does, or it might not happen at all. Nobody knows.

beta teser MP!L by Spongshga on 08-30-2008 at 04:19 PM

thought only because the wlm9 ... Well you can not do anything cool it would be seen ...

:)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by lykos1865 on 09-03-2008 at 12:58 AM

Hi all, I'd like to say some things about the new WLM 9.0 Beta2.
First of all, I don't think that MS is going to change the GUI that much. The GUI of the first release of WLM9 was the same as 8.5. The only things that were changed were some new supports, i mean the gif pics, the login sound, the multi-pc-login, and so on.. The second release doesn't support something else, it's just the first release, with a changed GUI. I believe that microsoft had this planned, in the first release they only put new supports, and later on they changed the GUI to make the complete WLM 9. IF microsoft is going to release a new version (beta3), it will only have some bugs fixed, or/and some very small GUI things, like some buttons, or some buggy animations. It's just like the Vista thing, they had released the first betas and in the next betas they were only changing some small GUI things (like the close/minimize buttons). I'm not telling that I know for sure, but what I think, is that the GUI won't change any more in next betas, or in the stable version. Just some bugs. I really like the look of the beta2, and I'd love to see a plus! version supporting it. I know that it is just pain in the ass for Patchou to make a new version for a BETA, but keep in mind that if he do it now, he'll have less work to do when the final version is released. That was my opinion, thanks for reading.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by CookieRevised on 09-03-2008 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lykos1865
I know that it is just pain in the ass for Patchou to make a new version for a BETA, but keep in mind that if he do it now, he'll have less work to do when the final version is released.
On the contrary.... Chances are very high that a lot of things will change from this beta version to the public release.

GUI changes aren't the only changes that Messenger Plus! needs to take into account. Internal changes are as much (if not more) important.

----------

Spongshga,

If you want to become an official tester, then posting incorrect and highly suggestive stuff like "New info about WLM9 and MP!L5" isn't a very good thing to do.

And you claim here to have received an invitation fom MS to become a WLM9 tester, then why do you ask for download links for the new beta on that forum you've linked to? And why do you even say in this thread you have a 'secret' link?

Also, if I open the URLs inside the that RAR you offer in one of your other threads on that forum, which claims to be the best x scripts/skins, I am redirected to a phising site...

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by lykos1865 on 09-03-2008 at 01:50 AM

That's what I meant. But I think that all the big changes have already been done (GUI and Internal changes), so the final version is just going to have some bugs fixed, not so many things that has already done.. They have already built the WLM9, now they are just perfecting it.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Lou on 09-03-2008 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lykos1865
That's what I meant. But I think that all the big changes have already been done (GUI and Internal changes), so the final version is just going to have some bugs fixed, not so many things that has already done.. They have already built the WLM9, now they are just perfecting it.
That's not what usually happens with WLM, so I wouldn't bet on that at all. Odds are, most of what we see now will change DRASTICALLY before the official release.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by lykos1865 on 09-03-2008 at 01:55 AM

Okay, I was just thinking. But you people know better. Thanks anyway. See ya

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Thiago_zapella on 09-04-2008 at 02:12 PM

sorry bad english, is expected date for the version compatible with the new Beta 9 ? or only when the new Beta is officially released ?

Thanks.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by tony on 09-04-2008 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For now, no update is planned for the alpha/buggy/bad-looking version of WLM9 that was leaked a couple of days ago. Too much time involved in doing this kind of thing for no real purpose. We'll see how things go in the next couple of months.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Thiago_zapella on 09-04-2008 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

=(

Thanks ...
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by warmth on 09-04-2008 at 11:52 PM

OH MY GOOD!!! just imagine where skinning is going!!! :(

quote:
Originally posted by dwergs@Mess.be
Forget about the leaked Windows Live Messenger 9 build, it is sooo last month. The LiveSide boys have discovered these two screenshots of what just might be the final version of Windows Live Messenger 9.

[Image: yqd8bqkk-overview.jpg][Image: s602hvxq-personal.jpg]
>> Screenshot of Main and Conversation windows.               >> Screenshot of Main window personalization options.

Let's sum up changes and possible new features we can derive from these visuals:

1) Main window header (dashboard) backgrounds are customizable.

2) New, bigger e-mail inbox icon located at the right in the header.

3) Personal Status Message (PSM) and "music you're currently listening to" are now separated.

4) Colored display picture frames show the contact's current status: green means available, yellow is away, red is busy, white means offline, pink means pimping. Ok, I made that last one up.

5) Buddy icons in the contact list are replaced with the similarly colored squares.

6) The What's new feed below your contact list keeps you posted on what your contacts are up to in terms of blogs posted or photos uploaded to Windows Live Spaces, files uploaded to Windows Live Skydrive, etc... the potential of this feature is huge). It'll also show a thumbnail picture if applicable and there's a personal feed per contact in the conversation window.

7) Promotional tabs have been moved to the footer, right above the banner ad.

By the way, dear Microsoft, before you send us another DMCA takedown notice, first check out who owns the domain these screenshots are hosted on.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Willz on 09-05-2008 at 12:13 AM

Ha looks like its gonna get worse :P that dashboard image replacement thing might cause problems. If its anything like how the contact cards do it its going to be a bit tricky to do.

XP users have nothing to worry about, the majority of problems for skinning will be caused by vista.

lol on a side note they copied the feature where the color of the display picture changes depending on status from me! I DEMAND REIMBURSEMENT! :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spunky on 09-05-2008 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
By the way, dear Microsoft, before you send us another DMCA takedown notice, first check out who owns the domain these screenshots are hosted on.

The pictures appear to be hosted on msghelp.net now, maybe  you should just link to it rather than hosting it... We don't want DMCA notices either ^o) lol
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by warmth on 09-05-2008 at 12:22 AM

quote:
quote:

The pictures appear to be hosted on msghelp.net now, maybe  you should just link to it rather than hosting it... We don't want DMCA notices either ^o) lol
I did that to avoid that if somebody erase the original files we won't have anyway of see the new features anymore... that is what dwergs wrote at mess.be not me... :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spunky on 09-05-2008 at 12:24 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I did that to avoid that if somebody erase the original files we won't have anyway of see the new features anymore... that is what dwergs wrote at mess.be not me... :P

Well, yeah... but they won't get in to trouble if MS see it, MS will just remove the image from their servers... They can't do that with this site though, so will issue a DMCA notice (unless it's not supposed to be secret; it could be a "leaked" ;) picture, like I have a feeling the Google Chrome comic was)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by warmth on 09-05-2008 at 12:28 AM

I was wondering where the space, telephone and all those icons will appear :P...

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by djdannyp on 09-05-2008 at 12:32 AM

This might be controversial but I actaully quite like the look of it

Although yeah, it could make skinning a bit of a nightmare.......but then again, if the interface is decent enough to start with it might reduce the necessity for skins to make it look good

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Willz on 09-05-2008 at 12:33 AM

hey i just noticed something. In the left screenshot look at what the ad says:

"Feb 10: In what the writers guild is calling "the best.....""

lol that news item is about the the writers strike :P how long could MS have had this for..... hmm interesting :P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by djdannyp on 09-05-2008 at 12:40 AM

Wow...7 months and not leaked...that's quite impressive, lol

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Willz on 09-05-2008 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Wow...7 months and not leaked...that's quite impressive, lol

or.... it could be we are looking at the mockup design and this is not an actual screenshot. Its quite possible MS had this designed early on and yeah haven't reached that point yet. Its done all the time.
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by scrtmssgs on 09-05-2008 at 01:36 AM

Interesting that the two screenshots (or mock-ups) are from different stages - the one on the left seems newer than the other one.

The left one uses "Available" as a contact status, whereas the right one uses "Online"; The search for contacts word wheel has different text; The new emails icon on the right hand side of the contact list looks far smoother and more perfected on the left hand image.

I'd be willing to bet the left hand image is a newer build, either that or it's what they're working towards from the right hand image.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by RebelSean on 09-05-2008 at 01:56 AM

* RebelSean wonders why his build of M2 doesn't look like that.

:rolleyes:

P.S. I didn't think anyone was going to catch the date ;).

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Hank on 09-05-2008 at 02:18 AM

i reckon those pics are just a mockup ..surely mess.be wouldnt be stupid enough to post more pics WLM9 Legit pics on there site an knowing M$$ wil come along an slap a notice

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 09-05-2008 at 10:14 AM

Mess.be didn't post the new screenshots, LiveSide was the one to find them.

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Hank on 09-05-2008 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Mess.be didn't post the new screenshots, LiveSide was the one to find them.
an is Liveside M$$? i dunno i dont keep up to date with M$$ domains but im assuming liveside aint M$$ themselves which means they were leaked screenshots ( thats if there actuall pics of WLM9 an not just mockups )  but if thats the case mess.be didnt have to follow suite an post the links on there site,
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 09-05-2008 at 01:32 PM

No, LiveSide is not owned by Microsoft. They do however have good connections with people at MS. A bunch of their posters are MS MVPs.

Knowing LiveSide's newsposts from the past I'd say these are real screenshots. The changing border color on the DP containers also confirms some resources Willz found in the last leaked build.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by vaccination on 09-05-2008 at 03:00 PM

Interesting. If they are going to have the DP borders coloured, they better be colourizable, that green is horrible:P

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by warmth on 09-05-2008 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Interesting. If they are going to have the DP borders coloured, they better be colourizable, that green is horrible:P
Yesterday I was thinking the same ****... :P but vacci, I don't think they will bring an option to change that colors... this colors are like the established ones to recognize the status... just think changing one of them to blue, status+mood=cool... jajajajaja...

and guys I am very concerned about the thing that I can't see any colorize icon in CL... what will that mean???

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Menthix on 09-05-2008 at 03:32 PM

"Diane Tibbott" is an actual real Microsoft employee btw, just do a search on her name :).  I highly doubt they would take the time to add real names in their mockups. These screenshots look like material they would use on the official Messenger Space or their download site.

I guess this build hits the public pretty soon.

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by JSCIII on 10-01-2008 at 05:14 AM

ummm... i would like to beta test the new patchou's version ^^ as soon as it's released, please, send me a message to test it and i'll gladly do it :P

RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by ryxdp on 10-01-2008 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JSCIII
ummm... i would like to beta test the new patchou's version ^^

It's highly unlikely that Patchou will be requiring any more testers; he has quite a large number of them already and he knows and trusts them all, as they've been on these forums for a while.

EDIT: you also might want to remove your email, if you don't want to be spammed by bots :P
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spongshga on 10-01-2008 at 12:27 PM

Sry, but I'm not a beta tester!
I have the Messenger 9 tested but ... (downloaded from other sources) is the sort of shit      +o(>.<undefined

You can't use "Messene Plus! Live - AdOn"  on MSM9. (N)

The windows are huge and anything silly! :@

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by JSCIII on 10-01-2008 at 07:39 PM

ummm... ok, but i would appreciate if you could send me a new message when the new plus! live is released.... i'm a little bit frustrated with MSN 9.0's  options.... i do need the new Plus! Live version :P the newer version would be great if it had plus live :P Good luck on developing it!! :D

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Spongshga on 10-02-2008 at 02:24 PM

hehehe.
  I build "plus! live" not xD
You musst aktivate "Auto Updates for messenger plus live! in msn8. than you become a new alert to isntall a new version for plus live...

pleas dont take msn9... its fucking bad ^^... it is good for  plus live to not build a new version for msn9! but msn 8 is the best msn ever...

(Sry for bad english

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by DJBoddington on 10-02-2008 at 03:35 PM

Windows Live Messenger 2009 BETA has been released to the public.

Download here http://download.live.com/messenger
You are allowed to use it. Its not a copy, its the real thing. As the website is Microsofts Official Site.

Thanks.

So is WLM Plus going to be made for WLM 2009? The Stable Release. And not for 2009 BETA?

DJBoddington. [Image: wlm.gif]

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by Basilis on 10-02-2008 at 03:40 PM

This thread may help you :)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85992

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by JSCIII on 10-03-2008 at 12:01 AM

T_T man.... i really wanted a newer version for MSN 9.0 :S although it's crapy, i think that it has a lot of new features which can become useful, and since it is being released for the public, i would really love to see patchou's new version working as great as always! :P by the way :P i don't know if you've noticed but i'm not so good at english... that's because i'm not from USA either :P sorry if miss spelling or typ-o's appear in my messages

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by JSCIII on 10-03-2008 at 12:23 AM

jeje, me again :P

I've read elsewhere that the great team of Plus! Live, is already beta testing it :P i'm so glad!! it's only mater of time -.- unluckily we have to wait cause time can't be fast forwarded... but i really believe that is worth waiting for :P they always deliver great programs :D by the way, patchou said that it all depends on  Windows Messenger Live 9.0 final release, since it started to be released, WLM 9.0 Beta has changed twice.. (i'm a little bit of a MSN freak xD) but the logical guess in this situation, is that Patchou wouln't like to release a Plus! version and than find out that scripting on WLM is different than what he thought

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by hattonaxeman on 10-08-2008 at 05:35 PM

well im not sure but i downloaed the beta of the offcail live site so if i didnt get it legit microsoft should have replaced the words download the new beta now with ur not ament to click this big download now button its just to tease you this is for  beta testers only if this breaks your computer its your fault so as a sucker the words download no drew me in and i downloaded it  assuming that add ons would work as well as old features as i didnt see and warning s or messages

RE: Windows Live Messenger 9.0 by JSCIII on 10-09-2008 at 11:28 PM

this is a link to download for free the new Beta Version, but, as mentioned earlier, there's no Plus! version for it

http://www.filehippo.com/download_msn_messenger/d...abe6599524cd15c3a/