Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live Error.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. (/showthread.php?tid=85656)

Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-29-2008 at 06:44 PM

I installed Messenger Plus! Live and everytime i try to launch Windows Live Messenger I receive the same error message.  An Image of the error message is attached.  If I go under Program Files and remove msimg32.dll from the Windows Live Messenger folder it works fine but Messenger Plus! Live does not launch.

Please help,

Nauscar.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by djdannyp on 08-29-2008 at 07:13 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing both Messenger Plus Live and Windows Live Messenger?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-29-2008 at 07:17 PM

I've tried that several times, still nothing works.

Messenger Plus Live used to work until I installed the new WLM.  But this shouldn't be a problem because my friends also have this version of WLM and their Plus works fine.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by djdannyp on 08-29-2008 at 07:30 PM

Try downloading the latest version of messenger from here and the latest version of plus from here and try installing them both

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Patchou on 08-29-2008 at 07:56 PM

Can you tell us what the "new Messenger" is in yoru case? note that Plus! is not compatible with the latest WLM9 Beta.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-29-2008 at 08:26 PM

I downloaded the newest versions and re-installed both WLM and Plus today.  This is the version of WLM I have:

Windows Live Messenger Version 2008 (Build 8.5.1302.1018)

Hope this helps.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by djdannyp on 08-30-2008 at 06:28 PM

Are you still experiencing the problem?

How were you able to take the screenshot of the about screen if you are unable to log into messenger?

Please try to explain the problem more clearly and then we can help.

Does the problem only occur if messenger plus is installed/enabled?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-30-2008 at 08:09 PM

Windows Live Messenger works fine.
only when messenger plus live is enabled there is a problem.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by djdannyp on 08-30-2008 at 08:11 PM

Check in your add/remove programs

Do you have either SweetIM or Smiley Central?

I ask you to check your add/remove programs because these programs can be installed without your knowledge

These are known to interfere with Messenger Plus Live and I can link you to removal instructions if they are the problem.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-30-2008 at 08:15 PM

I don't have either of those.

This morning when i booted up my computer Windows Live Messenger pops up automatically and Plus was working.  I closed the program and tried to re open it and i get the same error message.

Does this help solve my problem?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by djdannyp on 08-30-2008 at 08:18 PM

If you reboot your computer does Windows Live Messenger load successfully each time, with Messenger Plus Live working?

(just trying to establish a pattern which may help solve the problem)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-30-2008 at 09:44 PM

Okay this is the problem:

I once had Messenger Plus! Live and it worked great.  Then a newer version of Windows Live Messenger came out (the version i have now which should be compatible) and i downloaded it.  Suddenly Plus! stopped working.  Everytime i try to run Windows Live Messenger i get an Error Message.  If i uninstall Plus! it works fine.

Sometimes when i start my computer Windows Live Messenger runs automatically and Plus is working.  If i exit WLM and try to re-open it i get the same error message.   Why does this happen?

Please somebody help solve this.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Hank on 08-31-2008 at 12:54 AM

when you install Plus are you installing it without the Sponsor?

Have you done a Virus Scan? a Spyware Scan?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-31-2008 at 01:00 AM

Yes no viruses, no spyware. And I don't install the sponsor.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by matty on 08-31-2008 at 06:09 AM

Next time the error appears click the box to see what the error report contains and screenshot that window (also save it as a JPG instead of BMP much smaller file size).

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-31-2008 at 06:58 PM

the error report contains information about my computer I am not going to post that on the internet.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Spunky on 08-31-2008 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nauscar
the error report contains information about my computer I am not going to post that on the internet.

Why? What can someone do with it? If you don't post it, we won't know the cause of the problem. Simple.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 08-31-2008 at 10:42 PM

I am not posting personal information from my computer.
i dont care anymore, messenger plus live doesnt work on my computer!
I have uninstalled it and do not want it.
Good Day!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Spunky on 08-31-2008 at 11:28 PM

It contains no personally identifiable information. I cannot understand why someone would be so defensive! We have done nothing but try to help and I can honestly say it's sad to see a user completely abandon Plus! just because they have experienced an error and are not calm, or rational enough to try and figure out.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by vaccination on 09-01-2008 at 08:50 AM

Just to make it clear; Nauscar, there's no personal information included in an error report.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Error.. by Nauscar on 09-01-2008 at 04:49 PM

Okay I may be over reacting, and for that I apologize.  But in the error report it says it contains my Digital Product ID and IP address, which is not a good idea to post over the internet.  This is all i can show hope this helps (see attached).