Shoutbox

There was no option to not install sponsor... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: There was no option to not install sponsor... (/showthread.php?tid=85697)

There was no option to not install sponsor... by jawms on 08-31-2008 at 07:09 PM

When i went to install the program, i went through the process and there was no option to not install the sponsor program, it started installing, and it would not let me cancel so i had to press ctrl-alt-delete and end the program so that i did not get the sponsor. how can i not get the sponsor program wen i try to install msgplus??

RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by djdannyp on 08-31-2008 at 07:13 PM

Did you download Messenger Plus from the official website?

RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by Chrono on 08-31-2008 at 08:30 PM

Please note that this is the window where you were asked to install the sponsor, so you dont miss it next time:

[Image: msgplusliveagreecl2.png]

RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by djdannyp on 08-31-2008 at 08:32 PM

Apparently not..

SonicSam's reply to I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things.

I missed that too :S

RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by prashker on 08-31-2008 at 08:32 PM

THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<
THERE IS A NEW WINDOW ;<

If you're going to say something atleast get the right picture :P.

It's been changed recently :(

[Image: attachment.php?pid=925027]

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Apparently not..

SonicSam's reply to I am getting really irritated with the CiD sponsor things.

I missed that too :S

(l)
RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by CookieRevised on 09-01-2008 at 02:50 PM

Well, SonicSam, that isn't entirly correct either :P

On August 29th, Patchou made a silent update for Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 (build number is still 334), this still has the 'old' sponsor screen like Chrono showed.

On August 30th, Patchou made another silent update for Messenger Plus! Live 4.7 (build number is still 334), this version has the new sponsor screen like you showed.

Now, the download page on the main site, alternates between these two versions.

So, some people will have the August 29th version with the 'old' sponsor, other people will have the August 30th release with the new homepage sponsor.

In other words, there is a new sponsor window, yes, but the 'old' one still remains too.

But, both versions, just as any other previous version, will always give you the choice to install the sponsor or not.

Also see Patchou's reply to No CID Now? Just a homepage change?

;)

RE: There was no option to not install sponsor... by prashker on 09-01-2008 at 07:27 PM

Always with the investigation :P