Shoutbox

messenger plus help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: messenger plus help (/showthread.php?tid=85705)

messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-01-2008 at 12:36 AM

[font=Arial][size=2][color=blue]

Can anyone help me I have downloaded messenger plus a number of times and when i check my messenger it doesnt appear to be there but its there in my program list and I have no smiley central or other programs like that.

Someone please help me

x

RE: messenger plus help by user27089 on 09-01-2008 at 05:42 PM

Are you sure that you've downloaded a genuine version of Messenger Plus Live? The reason I say this is because it doesn't usually appear in your Program List (presumably you mean All Programs in the Start menu). If it is in there, then it's likely that you're using another piece of malicious software that you should remove.

Make sure that you always download from an official source: http://www.msgpluslive.com/

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-01-2008 at 07:17 PM

Well i type in messenger plus and it comes up with www.msglive.net which is where i have always downloaded it from and it usually works, but my windows live messenger recently stopped working so i uninstalled & installed it but messenger plus didnt work after that.

Can you help me ?

RE: messenger plus help by Spunky on 09-01-2008 at 10:46 PM

It should be www.msgpluslive.net... Of you had to reinstall WLM, try reinstalling MP!L after that and it might work again.

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-01-2008 at 11:59 PM

The link you gave me is the site i always go to download msgplus, but i uninstalled wlm and reinstalled it. i went back to the msgplus site and clicked the buttont that said download 4.7 for free and then it took me to a page that says download version 6.3 and im confused, this is the first time ive noticed it.

RE: messenger plus help by djdannyp on 09-02-2008 at 12:13 AM

If it was redirecting you to Versions 3.63 that means that you have an old version of messenger installed...probably Windows Messenger as opposed to Windows Live Messenger

Download Windows Live Messenger here

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 12:32 AM

It was version 4.63 i had to download sorry:S and i do have the latest wlm cos i checked and it said version 2008/8.5.

RE: messenger plus help by djdannyp on 09-02-2008 at 10:05 AM

There is no version 4.63

Can you post a screenshot of what happens when you try to download version 4.7?

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 12:24 PM

I tried to do one yesterday but when i went to put it in this kinda message nothing happened.

Ill try again

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 12:31 PM

This is the first thing it comes to after i have type www.msgpluslive.net into google

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 12:32 PM

This is what happens when i press the green 4.7 download button

RE: messenger plus help by NanaFreak on 09-02-2008 at 12:37 PM

the 4.63 is how large the file is not the version number of it...

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 12:53 PM

Ahhhhh i see :$

But im still stuck:(

RE: messenger plus help by djdannyp on 09-02-2008 at 01:22 PM

Click the download button

then click "Run"

Then just follow the instructions on the setup to install the program

RE: messenger plus help by bluebutterfly on 09-02-2008 at 02:02 PM

I do that every time but when i go onto my messenger there are no msgpluslive icons or any of the features that come with it but when i go to my control panel & then programs it shows msgpluslive so that is the bit i dont understand