Shoutbox

[Request] Images in chat window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Images in chat window (/showthread.php?tid=85726)

[Request] Images in chat window by user1221 on 09-02-2008 at 01:57 AM

hey
could anyone make a script that shows in conversation window images, such as forum. so you put the link between tags like [*img][*/img] to show directly in covnersation window. ^^
i hav tried to create it by myself, but programation is not my actuation area, im so poor with the codes. if anyone can help me, plz post here.
thx (Y)

RE: [Request] Images in chat window by Dex Luther on 09-02-2008 at 06:33 AM

It would be a cool feature. I wonder how it would work.

Take the custom emoticon feature, remove the size limit, and have the feature send photo sized emoticons?

Or maybe remove/add to the preview picture size limit thing, so when you send a picture it shows the preview at full size, but that would probably be client side only :(

RE: [Request] Images in chat window by vaccination on 09-02-2008 at 08:51 AM

I doubt it'd be possible, not to mention it'd be dodgy with everyone's conversation window being different sizes.

You could do it by removing size limit on emotes and adding the picture as an emote, but that's only client side, as are most 'solutions'. Surely it's far easier just to link someone to the picture? It only takes 2 seconds.

RE: [Request] Images in chat window by user1221 on 09-03-2008 at 12:55 PM

yeah, the emotes idea its great, but not quick enough to a chat
dont hav any method to insert any type to insert the bbcode in the code of a script?
@vaccination
is just to dont have to send the link or host the image in the internet, it takes me time because my net speed is fucking poor >.<

RE: [Request] Images in chat window by Narthorn on 03-01-2009 at 03:34 AM

I would also be interested in a way to display larger images in chat messages - even if it's only client-side.
I am in the process of writing a little latex parser, and I need to display the dvi file created by the compiler (or png image, assuming the tex distribution comes with dvipng).

Going to try the emote way right now but I doubt it'll be efficient or easy to write...