Shoutbox

Deleting someone from Allow List - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Deleting someone from Allow List (/showthread.php?tid=85749)

Deleting someone from Allow List by mishkakimba on 09-03-2008 at 06:48 AM

Ok so I NEED to delete someone from my Allow list. When I right click and delete, the "delete" option is greyed out so I cant use it. Now I understand that that is because the person has ME in their contact list.

Question:

Ok I am in their contact list... BUT if they have BLOCKED me, would the option to delete still be greyed out?

OR is it greyed out because I am still in their Allow list : ie UNblocked

Am I blocked or not blocked??????????????

help!

RE: Deleting someone from Allow List by NanaFreak on 09-03-2008 at 08:01 AM

if you want to remove them from your allowed list, click on their name then click the 'Block >>' button

also the option being greyed out is not because you are blocked or unblocked... that information is not sent to you... its because they are still on your contact list (from what my quick testing told me)

RE: Deleting someone from Allow List by mishkakimba on 09-03-2008 at 08:13 AM

i deleted them from my contact list already, the only place they are sitting is in my allow list.

So u cant tell from the fact that the "delete" option is grayed as to whether u r blocked or unblocked?

RE: Deleting someone from Allow List by CookieRevised on 09-03-2008 at 08:19 AM

As NanaFreak just said, the option being grayed out is NOT because you are blocked or unblocked. That has got absolutely nothing to do with it.

The delete option is grayed out because you are still on this contacts' contactlist.

You can only delete a contact completely from your allow and block list when that contact also deletes you from his own contactlist first. When that happens the right click option to 'delete' will become availabe.