Shoutbox

Controling MSN trough commands - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Controling MSN trough commands (/showthread.php?tid=85773)

Controling MSN trough commands by roitudo on 09-04-2008 at 06:44 PM

Is it possible to change my status and my Personal Message with commands from the "Run..." or "cmd.exe", like:

code:
msnmsgr.exe /away /pm:"I changed my PM"
or using a Personalized Status, like:
code:
msnmsgr.exe /ps:(the name of the Personalized Status or the number)
with a script or same thing else?
RE: Controling MSN trough commands by matty on 09-05-2008 at 01:54 AM

It certainly is possible as SendTo does this however it is extremely involved and Cookie and I aren't willing to give the source code away for the Executable portion of the script.

RE: Controling MSN trough commands by mynetx on 09-05-2008 at 07:22 AM

Well, it basically takes the given arguments (which is the filename incl. path, and the contact mail address, in the case of SendTo-Links), and posts a window message to the hidden subclass window, sending the info about the arguments in the 2 windowmessage parameters (contact address in wParam and filename in lParam). The JScript listens for exactly those window messages.

RE: Controling MSN trough commands by warmth on 09-05-2008 at 02:11 PM

so is possible to open WLM with an pending action to change DN, PSM or DP with that kind of commands???

RE: Controling MSN trough commands by matty on 09-05-2008 at 03:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Well, it basically takes the given arguments (which is the filename incl. path, and the contact mail address, in the case of SendTo-Links), and posts a window message to the hidden subclass window, sending the info about the arguments in the 2 windowmessage parameters (contact address in wParam and filename in lParam). The JScript listens for exactly those window messages.
The exe actually writes information to Virtual Memory if I remember correctly because of the way VB deals with variables upon closing of the executable.