Shoutbox

[Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? (/showthread.php?tid=85781)

[Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? by Gerardo on 09-05-2008 at 02:23 PM

I deleted, but didn't block, a contact. Now it seems like I can only receive instant messages from that person while I'm online, but not while I'm offline like with the rest of the contacts.

I don't want to re-add the contact but I still wan't to receive the offline messages that that person sends me.

Can a script do that?... I had to ask :)

Thanks

RE: [Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? by Spunky on 09-05-2008 at 07:14 PM

re-add them and block them. I think it's the only way.

RE: [Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? by djdannyp on 09-05-2008 at 08:59 PM

Uuuh...they said that they still want to receive the messages though.

The problem is not that they're receiving online messages...it's that they AREN'T receiving the offline messages.

If you can only receive offline messages from contacts in your list then it seems like you have no option but to have them in your list

RE: [Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? by MicroWay on 09-06-2008 at 01:02 AM

[offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
.....they still want to receive the messages though.
True... removed my previous post.... sorry... ;)
[/offtopic]

I never heard about recieving offline messages from deleted contacts... :S Don't think is possible.... someone could give more information.... :)

RE: RE: [Request... reality check] Receive offline messages from a deleted contact? by Gerardo on 09-09-2008 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
[offtopic]
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
.....they still want to receive the messages though.
True... removed my previous post.... sorry... ;)
[/offtopic]

I never heard about recieving offline messages from deleted contacts... :S Don't think is possible.... someone could give more information.... :)

Thank you all for your help :).

If no one is giving more information should I understand that it definitely  isn't possible :S?

What do you think?