Shoutbox

Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading (/showthread.php?tid=85792)

Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Vazza on 09-05-2008 at 10:05 PM

So tomorrow (6th September) marks the beginning of Busking Cancer week in the UK with 300 buskers taking part in the week long event up and down the country to raise funds for Cancer Research UK. That's not just you're normal buskers though. It's established artists, new bands...oh and the odd one who just wants to have a go.

So, you're probably wondering, why I'm posting this.....

Well, on Wednesday 10th September, I'm taking to streets to raise funds myself in Glasgow (that's assuming that the world still exists come Wednesday morning mind). So why am I doing it? Well, some of you might remember that last year I came asking for monies towards Cancer Research UK's Race For Life. Well, I didn't do that this year and after a second cancer scare in my family this year, it only seems appropriate that I raise funds some other way.

So what I'm looking for is a little support. If you would like to support this great cause you can make a payment using the generic sponsorship page at http://www.justgiving.com/buskingcancer2008 using all major credit and debit cards. If you can't do that, I'll be happy enough to accept payments via Paypal or Alertpay (as I need to pay any monies raised on the day [who am I kidding?] myself anyways). Or if you just want to send me messages of support  you can do that too. I'd say come and see me but for some that just not possible :D

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll find someone who's will to get the evidence of the day to share with you all :D

Huggles
Vhari x

p.s. you can read about the event here

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Tochjo on 09-06-2008 at 08:21 AM

What is your PayPal account? I'm not quite sure if donations I make will arrive in your account before the 10th, but I take it it doesn't matter if it arrives a few days later?

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Vazza on 09-06-2008 at 11:56 AM

I'll PM my address to you just cause it's my personal one (not any of my spammy ones :p)

And it won't matter cause I still have a few to collect from other people plus anything I make has to be paid into my bank before I can pay it online (confused? Yeah so am I :D)

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by aNILEator on 09-06-2008 at 12:41 PM

nice one menthix :O :)

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Moaner on 09-06-2008 at 05:32 PM

i would so donate if i had any money.

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Menthix on 09-06-2008 at 07:21 PM

Donated. I had a family member pass away because of cancer too. Hope you raise a lot of money.

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by aNILEator on 09-06-2008 at 08:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moaner
i would so donate if i had any money.

Yup, if I'd have known about it I'd consider going busking myself, but actually got me at busiest time in my life :P
RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Vazza on 09-10-2008 at 09:21 PM

Well, did the busk today and things did not go particularly to plan. From the busk itself I only raised £3.60 (which as my brother lightheartedly said it would probably be enough to buy a pen or two to write down their calculations) I think it was down to nerves more than anything else seeing as it was the first time I've actually performed in public (choose a perfect time to do it, didn't I?)

On the otherhand, through sponsorship I've raised.....110 GBP with the possibility of more. Thanks to those that donated and remember that there is still time to donate.

Top pic from the day:
[Image: 1001112rv1.th.jpg]

Think I'll stick to doing the Race For Life from now on lol

Huggles
Vhari x

RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Volv on 09-11-2008 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Top pic from the day:
[Image: 1001112rv1.th.jpg]
Umm, I think your fly's undone :P

Congratulations though, £110 is a great effort. I would donate if I wasn't a cheap-skate :P
RE: Busking Cancer 2008 - A little pleading by Vazza on 09-11-2008 at 10:37 AM

Meh, I'm life's coming undone so that might as well add to it. Did I not say it was a <insert word of choice here> I'm sure you can fill in the blanks :p