Shoutbox

UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? (/showthread.php?tid=85809)

UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by prashker on 09-06-2008 at 08:18 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=926046]

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.70.0.334
Skin: Plus!Patch 1.0

WUT WUT WUT?!

MAJOR TWIST?!

On the "From a recorded source" in the emotion sound creator, the to raise or lower the time frame, Up =  Down and Down = Up. Wtf :p

edit: in addition to that, you can make a sound like 40 seconds long if you set the duration via that :p, it still plays on 8seconds but still...
RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by roflmao456 on 09-07-2008 at 04:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

edit: in addition to that, you can make a sound like 40 seconds long if you set the duration via that :p, it still plays on 8seconds but still...
confirmed

XP SP3
WLM 8.5
Plus! 4.70
Skin: WLM 2009
RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by Shiny Rabbit on 09-11-2008 at 04:38 PM

I get something slightly different here, the buttons do nothing when clicked

(exact same config as Roflmao)

RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by Basilis on 09-11-2008 at 05:51 PM

I confirm. I have the same system as roflmao too.

RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by foaly on 09-11-2008 at 06:24 PM

Could be me, but it is working in the most logic way this way?
The 2 times are going toward each other...
So going downwards for the first time is getting closer to the second time, and going upwards for the second one is getting closer to the first.

But these kind off interfaces usually aren't build logically, but ergonomically, making it either revolutional... Or a bug...   

RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by Burningmace on 09-23-2008 at 11:05 PM

Down should always decrease the number. Up should always increase it. It is a basic design principle. You'd be tripped out if you moved the scrollbar on your browser up and it moved your page down!

RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by prashker on 09-23-2008 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Burningmace
Down should always decrease the number. Up should always increase it. It is a basic design principle. You'd be tripped out if you moved the scrollbar on your browser up and it moved your page down!
agreed :p
RE: UHHHH [334] Emotion Sound Creation, Up = Down, Down = Up???? by NiteMare on 09-24-2008 at 02:49 PM

but thats exactly what my browser does:P i pull the scroll bar down and the page moves up so i can see the bottom:P