Shoutbox

Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? (/showthread.php?tid=85847)

Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by M.qrius on 09-08-2008 at 08:46 PM

Hi
I was wondering if messenger plus had the following features. I didn't see them in the feature list. I don't mind if these only exist as plugins.

- Video/Audio chat
- Msn custom emoticons
- AIM contact integration

If it has these things, I will switch to msg+ :)
Does it?

RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by NanaFreak on 09-08-2008 at 08:47 PM

- Video/Audio chat
- Msn custom emoticons

these are default in wlm =\

and i dont know about the AIM contact stuff... but i dont think so

RE: RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by M.qrius on 09-08-2008 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
- Video/Audio chat
- Msn custom emoticons

these are default in wlm =\
Ah, true. I didn't realise it was an extension instead of a standalone clone.
So, the question remains, is there a way to integrate AIM contacts with msg+?
RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by Spunky on 09-08-2008 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M.qrius
Hi
I was wondering if messenger plus had the following features. I didn't see them in the feature list. I don't mind if these only exist as plugins.

- Video/Audio chat
- Msn custom emoticons
- AIM contact integration

If it has these things, I will switch to msg+ :)
Does it?

I think you're getting confused a little here. Messenger Plus! Live is not in itself an IM Client. It is only an addon for Windows Live Messenger. The first to features you ask for are apart of WLM. As for the AIM integration, contacts with AOL email addresses can use WLM as long as they get their address verified. You can talk to people that use the Yahoo! Messenger client though if I remember correctly without them having to switch to WLM

RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by M.qrius on 09-09-2008 at 05:25 AM

Aye, I understood that in my second post...
As for the email verification, I'd rather do something myself, than have all of my AIM contacts do something. And the problem with Trillian and other such apps is that they usually don't support either or both of the other requirements I have.

Is that possible? I've been looking, but I can only find wholly different apps. But then again, msg+ supports plugins, so there's a lot of things that are possible.

RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by Th3rmal on 09-09-2008 at 05:47 AM

quote:
As for the email verification, I'd rather do something myself, than have all of my AIM contacts do something.
Thats just not possible, when they sign up using their email, an email is sent to the supplied email address to confirm the action that was just done. The only way that you would be able to do this for them is if you had their email password ;o
RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by M.qrius on 09-09-2008 at 06:18 AM

Yes, obviously, or, by using an add-on to my msn that allows me to have true AIM contacts.

Get what I'm getting at yet?

RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by NanaFreak on 09-09-2008 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Yes, obviously, or, by using an add-on to my msn that allows me to have true AIM contacts.

Get what I'm getting at yet?
but that is impossible due to the protocols that wlm has... it does not support AIM like that
RE: Considering switching to msg+, does it have these features? by Volv on 09-09-2008 at 08:24 AM

The point is no, there is no multiprotocol client or add-in which supports all the features of both Windows Live Messenger and AIM.