Shoutbox

Open Live toast (notification) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Open Live toast (notification) (/showthread.php?tid=85866)

Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-10-2008 at 11:41 AM

Hi all :D im here with a new problem T_T
In this moment, i try to make a skin with open live, making simple, very easy!
But i want to replace the background of the toast, in the skininfo i dont found it, nothing also the 921 style T_T
I try to make it, i've replaced the correct parts (with the Basilis tutorial) and adding it on Skininfo, and the image in the folder, but don't work, when my contact is online, messenger crashs! I try with another number, 59xxx (watching isn't in use by another style/image/other) but, the the results is always the same.
Help!... And in end, i want to change the psm and status in my dashboard (style 1001?)
Thanks in advance
-Ryddyck

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-10-2008 at 12:43 PM

Are you sure you used the correct dimensions for the image? The correct dimensions are 207x116. It was mentioned in the tutorial.

The problem may also be that you didn't mention in your SkinInfo in which folder you put the image. If you put the image in the folder "images" for example, then your code in the SkinInfo should look like this.

code:
<New>
<Pictures>
<Picture Id="59000"><File>images/59000.png</File></Picture>
</Pictures>
</New>

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-10-2008 at 02:08 PM

yes, I know!
but there are difference  59000 (example) to another number? 59120 or 59400? i try with this, but doesn't work...
I try to resize the image to 207x116 (i think my image was 200x120)
and for the dashboard?

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-10-2008 at 02:18 PM

There should be no problem, no matter what id you use. Your problem is usually caused when Messenger can't find the image you put as a background so it cannot show the toast. Are you sure you have the right code in your SkinInfo? Remember that the image should be replaced below the <New> tag

About your other question. If I understood correctly, you want to change the color of the nickname and psm. Then, you just need to open style file 923 and edit their foregrounds.

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-10-2008 at 06:26 PM

this toast hasn't peace T_T
Doesn't work -.- tomorrow i retry for 40124521.. times
For the psm and status on dashboard, i've not problem,Thanks!

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by roflmao456 on 09-10-2008 at 08:25 PM

try under 'Window Design' folder and the file called 'Window Background' or similar

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-11-2008 at 10:12 AM

nothing... doesn't work T_T
Or... it works, but when one contact signing in, the toast go up, but the dp and nick, they are not seen!
In enclosure the skininfo, style and image
you try you

this is the code to add in the skininfo

code:
                <New>
                    <Pictures>
                        <!-- Notification (Toast) Background -->
                        <Picture Id="59400">
                            <File>images/Window Design/59400 - Toast Background.png</File>
                        </Picture>
                    </Pictures>
                </New>

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-12-2008 at 06:53 PM

UP!

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-14-2008 at 06:32 PM

Second UP!
Someone helps me!

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-14-2008 at 07:00 PM

I read the SkinInfo and I couldn't find anywhere a picture under the <New> section with the id 59400. That must be the problem. Can you please check it?

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-15-2008 at 07:37 PM

sure... the skininfo is without the 59400, because anywhere i put the code, it doesn't work, for this i post separately the skininfo from the code
Try to add anywhere the skininfo the code... it won't work

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-21-2008 at 04:11 PM

News?

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-21-2008 at 06:03 PM

I created a simple skin that replaces the toast background. Take a look at it and see what you have done different. :)

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-24-2008 at 04:29 PM

I've not problem with your example, or my example without the xml of Open Live, the problem is in Open Live! I try to do a new background... see you and thanks

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-24-2008 at 07:06 PM

I wish I could help more. I hope you find the solution to the problem. :)

RE: RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Willz on 09-24-2008 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryddyck
the problem is in Open Live! I try to do a new background... see you and thanks

I highly doubt it, out of all the windows that exist open modifies the alerts the least, in fact all open live modifies is the color of the message, the close button code and the background and border. If it was a problem with Open Live, then nobody would be able to edit the alert properly (but that's not the case).

If you are having so much trouble with it then just start again on that part. Just remember that alerts are split into 3 templates so a background change probably means you have have to change the template in all 3 templates.

If you don't want to do that you can always just create a new element in definitions. But really another thing is to not rely on answers from here all the time, if you truly think it is not working then often the best thing to do is to just work on that section on a fresh blank skin and then when you do get that working to port it over to your existing skin.

Don't be so easy to give up.
RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Ryddyck on 09-25-2008 at 07:56 PM

I try with another method... just modifying the 947 style (the mainconteiner) with a new background, and the notification background with the 20061, without modifying the 921 style, now works very good, thanks all!

RE: Open Live toast (notification) by Basilis on 09-25-2008 at 08:10 PM

I am happy to know you managed to fix it. :)