Shoutbox

add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds (/showthread.php?tid=85900)

add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by Teh_KiD on 09-12-2008 at 08:52 AM

Hi,

1stly i apologies if this question has been answered b4 but i did a search on this forum & google and found nought.

I just wanted to know if i can add custom emoticons to my custom emotion sounds, jut as the built in ones have?

Cheers  =)

RE: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by Teh_KiD on 06-26-2009 at 04:54 PM

Well, obviously this post either got over looked

but in case u where wondering, i managed to do it by using quicktext

in the quicktext menu

urshortcut

/sound #ursoundid
/ emoticonname       (there must be a space between the / and the emicon name, otherwise it wont work)

tag the multiple lines button also

i have the achievement sound from the 360 and an emoticon of the logo assigned to 'achieve', so my shortcut was 'achieve'.

RE: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by vaccination on 06-26-2009 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Teh_KiD

but in case u where wondering, i managed to bodge it by using quicktext

urshortcut

/sound #ursoundid
/(!P) emoticonname

There is no 'proper' way to do it, however this workaround has been posted before, for example here, here and here (these two have screenshots of how to set the quicktext window up etc...)

RE: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by Teh_KiD on 06-26-2009 at 05:26 PM

Sweet, figured someone wud have found it too, i have revised mine so now its not so bodgy =)

RE: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by Schnappi on 06-27-2009 at 07:53 AM

does it display the emoicon and play the sound at the same time?
or it displays 2 different lines?

RE: add custom emoticons to custom emotion sounds by Teh_KiD on 06-27-2009 at 08:21 AM

it all happens at the same time but it still displays 2 seperate lines as always, generally the emicon first then the sound plays underneath, i dont think quicktext can do any better im afraid but its basically what i wanted =)