Shoutbox

Show contact's details on/off in different groups - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Show contact's details on/off in different groups (/showthread.php?tid=85946)

Show contact's details on/off in different groups by lykos1865 on 09-14-2008 at 05:40 PM

hi, i have a request. I don't know if it's possible, but i hope it is. I have 3 groups, the first is VIPs, the second is Males and the third Females. Well, I want to see all of them, but I want the "show contact's details" enabled only on the VIPs group. Is it possible? plz answer. thx in advance

RE: Show contact's details on/off in different groups by matty on 09-14-2008 at 09:20 PM

Nope not possible

RE: Show contact's details on/off in different groups by mynetx on 09-15-2008 at 07:04 AM

Well, it IS possible, but that would require a skin especially customized for you.

RE: Show contact's details on/off in different groups by Spunky on 09-15-2008 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Well, it IS possible, but that would require a skin especially customized for you.

How would a skin know which group is which? I don't think it's possible even with a script... It may be possible with PhotoShop though :refuck:
RE: Show contact's details on/off in different groups by mynetx on 09-15-2008 at 10:37 AM

A skin can know which group is which, believe me ;)

RE: Show contact's details on/off in different groups by Willz on 09-15-2008 at 11:22 AM

You can't do it with a skin just because the list works on a template basis and you can't tell Messenger to use one element structure over another depending on a group. Its all hardcoded to use the one template (just like a lot of things in Messenger).

So you can't really tell it to do that using conventional methods.