Shoutbox

Change text color for specific contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Change text color for specific contact? (/showthread.php?tid=85970)

Change text color for specific contact? by Squillace on 09-15-2008 at 05:47 PM

I would like to change the color of my messages for one specific contact (or two-three, maybe). That's because this contact uses the same text color as I do usually and for now I need to manually change mine each time I talk to him. And it's annoying. :S

There is this script called Messenger Customizer! Live but my contacts needs to have Plus! installed so this can work.

There aren't other ways to do that?

Thanks a lot!

RE: Change text color for specific contact? by Squillace on 09-16-2008 at 09:33 PM

Nobody can help me?

RE: Change text color for specific contact? by matty on 09-16-2008 at 10:30 PM

It isn't that simple of a task. There is the IM Color registry value but this is a Global Color and only applied to newly created Chat Windows. Therefore in order for this script to actually function it would need to using for instance Xniff to detect when user A sends you a message, before the window is opened the registry would need to be changed with the new colour applied then after the conversation window is opened change the colour back to what it was previously.

I don't have the time to do it so anyone who wants to tackle it... there is the pseduo code.