Shoutbox

(request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- (/showthread.php?tid=85979)

(request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Sunflash on 09-17-2008 at 02:25 AM

Can someone make me a script that sends everyone on my list a message automatically without me having to do it manually?

RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by jimmybelfast on 09-17-2008 at 05:21 AM

yeah, I agree, Yahoo have had this for years, even to offline contacts !!!

RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Spunky on 09-17-2008 at 11:54 AM

If all the conversation windows are open you can send the message

quote:
/all This is my message

to send it to all open windows.

A script would only be able to send to 15 contacts as there is a built in flood protection...
RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Jarrod on 09-17-2008 at 09:54 PM

maybe he wants it to contacts whom he does not have a window open with?

RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Spunky on 09-17-2008 at 09:57 PM

Then you're stuck with the other option I gave? ^o)

RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Jarrod on 09-17-2008 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
A script would only be able to send to 15 contacts as there is a built in flood protection.

oops missed that bit:P

couldn't you patch the ram bytes after 14 sends to keep going, like a nudge script does?
or is that stuff on the servers? 
RE: (request) A script That sends a Message to all your contacts- by Spunky on 09-17-2008 at 11:16 PM

I thought it was something Patchou built into Plus!, but I wouldn't want to abuse it anyway :p