Shoutbox

Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? (/showthread.php?tid=85992)

Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by riahc4 on 09-17-2008 at 05:41 PM

(This thread is directed at Patchou so he can hopefully post a official word on Plus! and this new public beta)

The first time around that 9 was released, Patchou updated Plus! to work with it. Now the second time that 9 is released as a public beta, will Patchou update Plus! to work with it?

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by matty on 09-17-2008 at 06:05 PM

Patchou is working on it but it isn't clear if it will be a Private or a Public release.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Patchou on 09-17-2008 at 06:35 PM

I'll start working on it today but I can't say yet if I'll release something publicly before the final version is released by Microsoft or not (all of that depends on when they'll actually release a final).

For now, there's a lot of work needed on every aspect of Plus! to make things work properly :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-17-2008 at 07:19 PM

We believe in you :) and we are waiting for an update of MsgPlus! In Italy many people say in many forums that are waiting a Plus! version updated for the new beta of Messenger 9... Good work Patchou!!

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Basilis on 09-17-2008 at 07:32 PM

I won't update to WLM 2009 if there is not a compatible update of Plus!. I guess it is going to be Messenger Plus! Live 5.0! :) 

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Spunky on 09-17-2008 at 07:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
The first time around that 9 was released, Patchou updated Plus! to work with it.

a) 9.0 has never been released. It's only just reached public BETA ^o)

b) Patchou did not make an update to work with it... Plus! just worked with it anyway as there hadn't been any major internal changes
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by absorbation on 09-17-2008 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
a) 9.0 has never been released. It's only just reached public BETA (Smilie)

Yes, but a lot more will now know about it, and want an update for Plus!. Its the way I discovered this these forums :P.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by riahc4 on 09-18-2008 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll start working on it today but I can't say yet if I'll release something publicly before the final version is released by Microsoft or not (all of that depends on when they'll actually release a final).

For now, there's a lot of work needed on every aspect of Plus! to make things work properly :)

Thanks for the official announcement :) A-Patch itself is having trouble for this new build so take your time.

quote:
quote:
The first time around that 9 was released, Patchou updated Plus! to work with it.

a) 9.0 has never been released. It's only just reached public BETA ^o)

b) Patchou did not make an update to work with it... Plus! just worked with it anyway as there hadn't been any major internal changes

Yes, this is the second public beta. A first public beta was already released and Plus! was made (semi)compatible with it.

Again Patchou thanks for that official word :)
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Jesus on 09-18-2008 at 10:56 AM

quote:
A first public beta was already released and Plus! was made (semi)compatible with it.
I thought that was a leaked private beta...
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by mynetx on 09-18-2008 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
Indeed.
quote:
A-Patch itself is having trouble for this new build so take your time.
Correct. Know why? Because of some mysterious 4010 resources protecting the UIFiles...
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by riahc4 on 09-19-2008 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
quote:
Indeed.
quote:
A-Patch itself is having trouble for this new build so take your time.
Correct. Know why? Because of some mysterious 4010 resources protecting the UIFiles...

Correct it was leaked. Could have sworn that it has the second public beta.

http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/493-wave-3-the-...kinning-messenger/

Read that; More or less explains everything right now in the Messenger world.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Patchou on 09-19-2008 at 03:35 AM

Added note to the msgstuff news post: Messenger 9 has not been official released to the public. It's still in beta stage, many thigns can happen and do not worry, nothing tells me yet) that skinning will be a thing of the past with this verison.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by mynetx on 09-19-2008 at 03:55 AM

If the embedded WLM framing (titlebar + minmaxclose) is still there and used in XP and non-Aero Vista, then I'm sure there's a way to force it even in Aero Vista.

By the way, have a look at the 'Buy SMS credits' window. You reach it by doubleclicking a 'Mobile, SMS' entry of your contact list and clicking 'OK' in the 'Buy Credits' prompt. You will see a double minmaxclose and titlebar: one of the embedded, and one of the Aero.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-19-2008 at 02:52 PM

Patchou, is possible to develope a "light build" of MsgPlus with the   color support only, a particular release for Messenger 2009, before the (probably) future building of MsgPlus 5?

Many users are deciding to renounce at styled nicknames in order to use Messenger 9...

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Spunky on 09-19-2008 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
Patchou, is possible to develope a "light build" of MsgPlus with the   color support only, a particular release for Messenger 2009, before the (probably) future building of MsgPlus 5?

Many users are deciding to renounce at styled nicknames in order to use Messenger 9...

I suspect that it'd be just as much (probably more) work to do a "light version" as stuff still needs to be re-written.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Eddie on 09-19-2008 at 03:27 PM

I just want Tabs hehe :P thats all im after :(

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Spunky on 09-19-2008 at 03:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
I just want Tabs hehe :P thats all im after :(

Does SP work with WLM 9.0 yet? That't do it.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Menthix on 09-19-2008 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Does SP work with WLM 9.0 yet?
No it doesn't.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by matty on 09-19-2008 at 08:13 PM

* matty wants the scripting engine to continue development of Screenshot Sender.

Althought I have both WLM8.5 and WLM9/14 working side by side :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-19-2008 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty

Impossible!!! How??
RE: RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-19-2008 at 09:52 PM

quote:
quote:

Impossible!!! How??

rename the WLM 8.5 folder (C:\Programs\Windows Live\Messenger) to something else and then install WLM 9 and it will be installed in that same default directory, but WLM 8.5 is safe in the re-named folder and you can run them both
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by iTsmy on 09-20-2008 at 03:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I won't update to WLM 2009 if there is not a compatible update of Plus!. I guess it is going to be Messenger Plus! Live 5.0! :)
I agree with you.
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-20-2008 at 10:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

rename the WLM 8.5 folder (C:\Programs\Windows Live\Messenger) to something else and then install WLM 9 and it will be installed in that same default directory, but WLM 8.5 is safe in the re-named folder and you can run them both

Thanks ;)

Edit: today was released A-patch (in a "light" version) for Messenger 9 (14.0.5027.0908 build). We are waiting only for MsgPlus...
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Jesus on 09-20-2008 at 05:11 PM

quote:
today was released A-patch (in a "light" version) for Messenger 9 (14.0.5027.0908 build). We are waiting only for MsgPlus...
Actually, I'm also waiting for a full release of a-patch before I upgrade...

edit: and maybe stuffplug, too
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-20-2008 at 05:59 PM

quote:
quote:
today was released A-patch (in a "light" version) for Messenger 9 (14.0.5027.0908 build). We are waiting only for MsgPlus...
Actually, I'm also waiting for a full release of a-patch before I upgrade...

edit: and maybe stuffplug, too

Messenger 9 have many new protections from patching...

However this is my new desktop: http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=91112483qk8.jpg

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by SuXXeS on 09-21-2008 at 12:43 AM

a lite version or just and update for the  current MP!Lm would be great, to add only the coloured display name support :)

RE: RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-21-2008 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SuXXeS
a lite version or just and update for the  current MP!Lm would be great, to add only the coloured display name support :)

a lite version of plus is unlikely to be released as it has never been coded in that way and so to release a lite version that is compatible with WLM9 would take more work than simply making the current full version compatible with WLM9

Patchou is working on it probably as we speak and is making sure that all the new aspects of WLM9 (such as simultaneous logins) are fully incorperated into plus

Be patient and i'm sure you'll be satisfied with the end product :)
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by happyandyk on 09-21-2008 at 03:40 AM

Was here to check if Plus! too had been updated for WLM9. Look forward to it :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Link_of_Hyrule on 09-21-2008 at 06:31 AM

I love Messenger Plus! and I can't live with out it not having custom away messages or tabs is torture :(

edit: apparently the a-patch ppl figured out how to get around the new protection the new one has 56 options on it.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by mynetx on 09-21-2008 at 09:02 AM

Patchou is on his way to add compatibility, but it's not clear when he succeeds in getting it working, as about 90% of the software is affected. All we can suggest you all is to be a little more patient... :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Link_of_Hyrule on 09-21-2008 at 07:18 PM

Well Patchou is very smart I'm sure it won't be too long before he fixes it :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by dajavax on 09-22-2008 at 12:56 AM

thanks for working in this... i'm anxiously waiting hehe... though i guess plugins won't work =S... that must also be updated =S... but... i'm sure it won't take long =D

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Link_of_Hyrule on 09-22-2008 at 06:59 AM

Well I think some plugins will work it will just depend on what they do and what they use.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by ahmetgns on 09-22-2008 at 12:16 PM

What do you think, should the download page of Plus! website be updated about the compatibility of Plus! with Messenger versions? It currently says Plus! is compatible with 8.0 to 9.0.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-22-2008 at 01:15 PM

already being discussed

Change the version on msgpluslive.net/downloads

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Link_of_Hyrule on 09-22-2008 at 07:00 PM

Yeh its probably a good idea to fix that so people don't get confused :P

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by riahc4 on 09-23-2008 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for the constant updates.

(As a side note, strange that Cookie hasnt posted anything yet about this ;) )

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by :No-Frost: on 09-26-2008 at 11:24 AM

I will update WLM but not until Patchou release a full compatible version of MSG Plus! ^^...

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Link_of_Hyrule on 09-26-2008 at 10:44 PM

Yeh I updated and i'm totally missing plus I tried to downgrade but the install says "catastraphic failure" lol. I hope the new plus comes out soon :(

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Need not to know on 09-27-2008 at 11:28 PM

Ohhhhhh

I love WLM 2009/14.. and  msgpls..

When you supported it?

Note: I not talking English good..

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-27-2008 at 11:37 PM

As has been stated many times in this thread, Messenger Plus for WLM 9 is currently in development.  It has not even been released to Beta testers yet and so there is no release date yet

Please check the forums for all the latest information though.  YOu might find it useful to use the search function to avoid creating duplicate threads or making unnecessary posts when the information may already be there

welcome to the forums :)

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by limeares on 09-28-2008 at 11:45 PM

[color=navy]Thanks a lot Patchou... it was the perfect solution to put colors in my nick... ALL MY 850 CONTACTS HAVE PLUS! INSTALLED so a record... please I love messenger wave... PLEASE PLEASE make me a betatester PLEASE i luv your program!!!!

Thank you patchou for this awesome piece of software!

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by charbby on 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM

could you pls create it asap? :) tks

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by mynetx on 09-29-2008 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by charbby
could you pls create it asap?
It's in the tubes, just be patient... :)
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by matty on 09-29-2008 at 04:26 PM

We are currently in the process of beta testing please just be paitent we are all working very hard.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by PES-Dan on 09-29-2008 at 10:14 PM

So it's in beta? Woohoo! I just want my coloured/formatted nicknames to display properly.

RE: RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-29-2008 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PES-Dan
So it's in beta? Woohoo! I just want my coloured/formatted nicknames to display properly.

The first beta was released yesterday, coloured/formatted names are definitely working, but there is still a bit of a way to go before it's ready for release...we want to make sure it's as good as it can be :)
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by PES-Dan on 09-29-2008 at 10:57 PM

I'd be happy with just coloured names. Release now?

Only kidding. Good work guys.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-30-2008 at 11:25 AM

quote:

there is still a bit of a way to go before it's ready for release...

how many days you think that it will take before releasing the beta?
RE: RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by djdannyp on 09-30-2008 at 11:27 AM

quote:
quote:

there is still a bit of a way to go before it's ready for release...

How many days do you think the beta version need to be released?

It's impossible to say at this stage.  We've only just had the first beta and it depends how easy any bugs are to fix and what improvements/suggestions get added.

Just try to be patient and you'll be pleased with the results :)
RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by euon37 on 09-30-2008 at 03:20 PM

any news ؟؟؟

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by mynetx on 09-30-2008 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by euon37
any news
quote:
Just try to be patient and you'll be pleased with the results

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by Basilis on 09-30-2008 at 04:09 PM

Sorry that this is out of topic, but was there any new thing for skinning? Something like Dialog Templates for the Skin Options?

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by matty on 09-30-2008 at 05:45 PM

We are not able to discuss any features of the current beta except that we are currently testing it.

RE: Will Plus! be updated to work with the new 9 build? by AngelDevil on 09-30-2008 at 05:56 PM

quote:
We are not able to discuss any features of the current beta except that we are currently testing it.

then not discuss them... list! (just kidding) :p