Shoutbox

[BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts (/showthread.php?tid=86011)

[BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Fredzz on 09-18-2008 at 02:57 PM

Well it's not really a bug but something that should be fixed.

Looks like nicknames on Desktop contacts don't show up correctly if there is á, é, ç on the nickname. You should check the character enconding.

[Image: 24zx02h.jpg]

Regards

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Spunky on 09-18-2008 at 03:14 PM

IIRC it is a known limitation atm.

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Mike on 09-18-2008 at 07:08 PM

Same thing happens on tabs when the contact changes his status.

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by RaceProUK on 09-18-2008 at 10:17 PM

If it's a simple label control, isn't there a version that accepts Unicode?

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Patchou on 09-18-2008 at 10:48 PM

that's not a known limitation at all. It's clearly a bug and it shouldn't happen.

Can you give me the version of Messenger you are using? Also, if you restart Messenger, does the problem persist? (before and after a name change).

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Spunky on 09-19-2008 at 01:38 AM

I'm sure this has been mentioned before ^o) I think it happens in toast messages too =/

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Mike on 09-19-2008 at 07:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Can you give me the version of Messenger you are using?
I don't think it has anything to do with WLM's version, since the name is shown fine before the contact changes his status.
As soon as the contact changes his status, MP!L will show the name as in the screenshot.
Also, MP!L will list a name change in the Event log as soon as that contact changes his status.

Btw, I'm talking about tabs, but I guess that it's the same for desktop contacts too.
RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by ahmetgns on 09-19-2008 at 07:59 PM

I have also noticed that bug.

It appears for only one of my contacts who is using latest WLM 9.0 PUBLIC BETA. When he changes his status, Plus! cannot display unicode characters correctly anywhere which Plus! handles like Contact Info windows, Event Viewer, Tabs, Desktop Contacts etc. When I sign out and resign in, his name is correct again UNTIL HE CHANGES HIS STATUS AGAIN. He doesn't use MsgPlus!, because he can't.

I am using WLM 8.5, MP!L 4.70, MDL 1.5, SP 3.5 and WLM 2009 skin. WIN XP SP2.

I have tried with another contact who is using WLM 8.1 and have unicode characters in his name and wanted him to change his status. After status change, nothing changed in his name, Plus! continued displaying his name correctly.

I believe this is a new problem arised with WLM 9.0 latest beta because before my friend installed it, I didn't notice such a bug from him.

RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Patchou on 09-20-2008 at 03:56 PM

I see, so the problem could be related to people in your list having Messenger 9. That could make sense, thank you for checking it out, I'll check it on my side.

RE: RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by Fredzz on 09-21-2008 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I see, so the problem could be related to people in your list having Messenger 9. That could make sense, thank you for checking it out, I'll check it on my side.

But patchou im using WLM 8.5.1302.1018 and Plus 4.70.0.334

I never used v9 in my life. Also my friend is not using it.
If i use WLM only all the characters shows up fine, but if his nickname will show up anywhere on a place where is Plus! related then it will be messed up.
As ahmetgns said, but me and my friend don´t use WLM 9

EDIT: if he changes status the problem persists. If i restart WLM or the PC also the same. It just keeps the same always.
RE: [BUG] UNICODE characters on Desktop contacts by RaceProUK on 09-27-2008 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
I never used v9 in my life. Also my friend is not using it.
He may be using the 2008 beta, which is newer than the current 8.5 release, but still not v9.