Shoutbox

New beta question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New beta question (/showthread.php?tid=86028)

New beta question by YourNeibour on 09-19-2008 at 11:46 AM

I was going to install the new WLM 9 Beta that just came out...I downloaded both the full download and the web download...when i went to double click on the installer it gave me a message saying i needed either Windows Vista or Windows XP to install this.  I have Windows XP Pro w/sp2 as my OS.  What is going on?

regards

RE: New beta question by matty on 09-19-2008 at 01:06 PM

I think the requirements are Windows XP SP3 if I am not mistaken... I hope someone proves me wrong lol

RE: New beta question by RebelSean on 09-19-2008 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I think the requirements are Windows XP SP3 if I am not mistaken... I hope someone proves me wrong lol

I hate to do this, but:

quote:
Originally posted by http://download.live.com/SystemRequirements.aspx
Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32-bit edition only), or Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit editions)

:p
RE: New beta question by Shiny Rabbit on 09-19-2008 at 01:09 PM

i havn't had that problem, but i use SP3

RE: New beta question by YourNeibour on 09-20-2008 at 03:17 AM

so why would it give me that message?

RE: New beta question by ShawnZ on 09-20-2008 at 03:33 AM

install sp3 anyway

RE: New beta question by TheSteve on 09-20-2008 at 04:41 AM

Win XP Pro SP2 works here.

RE: New beta question by ShawnZ on 09-20-2008 at 08:37 AM

good thing you should both install SP3

RE: RE: New beta question by TheSteve on 09-20-2008 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
no, it's just that all these "too good for sp3" newbs are asking to fuck their computer up in one way or another.
Before you jump to conclusions and start insulting people, The reason I have not installed Service Pack 3 is because it hasn't been offered to me via Windows Update yet. 

Perhaps they have some sort of issues with some setup on my system.  I don't know. It's just not been offered, so I'm not going to jump the gun. 
RE: New beta question by YourNeibour on 09-22-2008 at 05:48 PM

so is there a solution or better yet a direct link to just the WLM installer?

RE: New beta question by albert on 09-22-2008 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
WLM installer?
Click the download button twice. First time will tell you to wait, cancel the download, and reclick download. It will download an offline installer.
RE: RE: New beta question by legithrand on 09-22-2008 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
quote:
WLM installer?
Click the download button twice. First time will tell you to wait, cancel the download, and reclick download. It will download an offline installer.
but way much bigger, for you're DL'ing the whole Live Suite... atm, I'm packaging the files needed in a single file... DL link in an hour that I get back home...
RE: New beta question by RebelSean on 09-23-2008 at 02:59 AM

quote:
so is there a solution or better yet a direct link to just the WLM installer?

Wave 3 Individual Intallers.

Also, make sure you have Winows Installer 3.1 installed. That's the most common problem with that error you described.
RE: New beta question by Hank on 09-23-2008 at 04:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
Before you jump to conclusions and start insulting people, The reason I have not installed Service Pack 3 is because it hasn't been offered to me via Windows Update yet.

Perhaps they have some sort of issues with some setup on my system.  I don't know. It's just not been offered, so I'm not going to jump the gun. 
why wait for it?.. just go to the M$$ site an download it manually,, its not that hard

RE: New beta question by legithrand on 09-23-2008 at 06:03 AM

http://cid-d3ad2ddc449bc366.skydrive.live.com/sel...M+Requirements.zip <-- WLM installer plus requisites... hope it helps!

RE: RE: New beta question by TheSteve on 09-23-2008 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
why wait for it?.. just go to the M$$ site an download it manually,, its not that hard
I never said it was hard.  I don't manually install because I don't really care what service pack my machine is running as long as the security holes are patched. Since the security patches keep coming, I see no reason to waste the time required to install.