Shoutbox

[Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair (/showthread.php?tid=86050)

[Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Willz on 09-20-2008 at 10:36 AM

Hello boys and girls, today I am proud to bring you guys a collaborative effort into bringing back skinning to Windows Live Messenger 9. This is the first time I have made a DLL skin in a long time so it feels weird doing this.

Anyway through an exhaustive effort between the most brilliant minds in the Messenger world we have found a way to bring back the mods that you all know and love.

Firstly I would like to give a shout out to the people who have made this whole project a possibility. Ipab, TB, Matt Holwood and of course TheSteve who figured out the workaround.

So what does this skin do? Well we call in Windows Live Messenger - Sopair Edition.

Sopair restores the display pictures in the chat window back on the right hand side where they belong! and on top of that it adds a smaller third display picture so that you can hide the larger two and still see your contacts picture.

And for those wondering, yes this skin removes adveritsements. It is a dll skin and so we are proving that our methods still aren't dead.

But in saying this we must stress that this is not a permanent fix, the method we are using will most likely be removed in the final version of 9 so don't start counting on victory just yet.

Anyway for the full download head on over to http://www.designevolved.net

Skinning is far from dead. Just remember that.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29]

digg it!

http://digg.com/microsoft/Windows_Live_Messenger_9_Sopair_Edition

** Legal Info **

This breaks Microsofts EULA, you use the file at your own risk and we shall not be held responsible for any damages that may occur as a result of using this patch. DO NOT CONTACT MICROSOFT FOR SUPPORT ON THIS.

The authors of the patch are in no way shape or form affiliated with Microsoft.

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by ipab on 09-20-2008 at 10:39 AM

:). Eloquent. Something I cannot manage at 3:40 AM :refuck:

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Basilis on 09-20-2008 at 10:43 AM

Even if the method you are talking about is removed in the official release, you and the other guys proved that there is always a solution. I am sure Patchou will be able to find a new one if the method is removed. Skinning will not die! :)

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Willz on 09-20-2008 at 11:11 AM

I should also point out that the removal method is not like that of apatch. This actually removes the whole element and does not leave the banner behind.

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Mike on 09-20-2008 at 11:31 AM

So, how did you do it? :P

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Nathan on 09-20-2008 at 11:35 AM

Magic

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Nagamasa on 09-20-2008 at 01:27 PM

Hey Willz,

Is it possible for you to move the webcam icons below the display picture?

I find the padding for the webcam stuff really space-consuming...

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by warmth on 09-20-2008 at 01:27 PM

You guys are great :P

Update: Willz... an advice... I think you should say everywhere that this is an installation tool with an unistalling feature not only a dll file to replace... :P

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Menthix on 09-20-2008 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
So, how did you do it?
Indeed. Sharing this information will only make the Messenger community stronger, tell us :).
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by RebelSean on 09-20-2008 at 01:32 PM

Just curious, does this change anything to the UI or does it simply simply remove/add things?

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by warmth on 09-20-2008 at 01:33 PM

I saw some interesting new themes files in the folder :P

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Kenji on 09-20-2008 at 02:13 PM

http://dazzy.org/Sopair_1.0.exe

A mirror for those who don't want to sign up just to download it.

RE: RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by TheSteve on 09-20-2008 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
Just curious, does this change anything to the UI or does it simply simply remove/add things?
It adds a third Display picture to the IM Window.  I didn't notice it at first either. Seems too natural. :P

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
So, how did you do it?
Indeed. Sharing this information will only make the Messenger community stronger, tell us :).
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86053
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by ipab on 09-20-2008 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazzy

My server can handle the load, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't share the file :).
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Eddie on 09-20-2008 at 03:04 PM

Well done to you guys! Great job in once again finding a way around :)

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by prashker on 09-20-2008 at 03:16 PM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:

My server can handle the load, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't share the file :).
direct link then ;(

very cool :p
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by RebelSean on 09-20-2008 at 03:17 PM

quote:
quote:

Understood, but to force users to register to merely download a file is looked down upon my friend :).
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Kenji on 09-20-2008 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
quote:

Understood, but to force users to register to merely download a file is looked down upon my friend :).
Was just about to say the same thing. If you want me to remove it, remove the forced sign up.
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Basilis on 09-20-2008 at 03:25 PM

The third DP is amazing. Is there actually a way this can be done in 8.5 too?

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by lordtinuviel on 09-20-2008 at 03:28 PM

come'on how painful is to register? 2, 3 clicks, clicks? since u already have it then send it to your friends thru WLM....oh yeah too lazy for that too lol

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by tony on 09-20-2008 at 03:38 PM

Amazing, thanks guys :gfdrin:

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by ipab on 09-20-2008 at 03:54 PM

The Signup thing is more because of a limitation in the system rather than anything else... and I really cannot afford the time to code in the fix...

I created an account for you guys to use to download, just check the front page of designevolved.net :refuck:

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by blackjack on 09-20-2008 at 04:33 PM

:O thanks to those who made this possible :)
great news
:banana:

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Willz on 09-21-2008 at 09:28 AM

Well I sorta missed whats been happening. Good to see people liking what was discovered.

I've been playing with 9 a little bit and I have to say it is pretty awesome. Stuff that used to be impossible is actually pretty easy to do on 9. It does take a lot of getting used to but once you know the ways its pretty cool.

I'll release some info on the new possibilities with 9 as soon as I know we are in the clear for the final version. Here is hoping we can work around the vista issues and the final version of 9 (yn)

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by warmth on 09-21-2008 at 03:09 PM

thanks Willz... I wait for it...

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by RaPLeX on 09-21-2008 at 04:11 PM

its cool,and thanks for username and pass.

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by :No-Frost: on 11-07-2008 at 01:56 PM

I will keep a track on your investigation =D...

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Squillace on 11-07-2008 at 08:29 PM

Thank you so much to you guys!
DP at right makes much more sense ;)

Just a question: would be possible to remove those "dots" before each message in the conversation window? In my opinion they are completely useless.

RE: RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by djdannyp on 11-08-2008 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Squillace

Just a question: would be possible to remove those "dots" before each message in the conversation window? In my opinion they are completely useless.

Yes, this is a very simple thing to accomplish using skinning
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Squillace on 11-08-2008 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

Can you tell me how to do dis? I am a complete newbie with skinning. :)
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by blessedguy on 11-08-2008 at 05:36 PM

Back to the forums!
Oh, a .dll skin? Didn't know Messenger 9 couldn't be skinned with Plus!... can it?

Looks great! Those left-hand DP where pretty weird... much better when they are at the right-hand side =P

Does it also changes the "minmaxclose" frames when Aero is turned on? Won't install WLM9 until its final (and my favorite skins are updated to it =]).

And why in the world does every message have that ugly dot?! It's from WLM9 or from Sopair?

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by robert_dll on 11-08-2008 at 05:40 PM

This thread is old, now you can skin using Plus! :)

RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by blessedguy on 11-08-2008 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
This is old, now you can skin using Plus! :)
=D Will start a test skin rightaway... try to figure out what has changed.

{And finally update my skins}
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Squillace on 11-09-2008 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Back to the forums!
Oh, a .dll skin? Didn't know Messenger 9 couldn't be skinned with Plus!... can it?

Looks great! Those left-hand DP where pretty weird... much better when they are at the right-hand side =P

Does it also changes the "minmaxclose" frames when Aero is turned on? Won't install WLM9 until its final (and my favorite skins are updated to it =]).

And why in the world does every message have that ugly dot?! It's from WLM9 or from Sopair?
Those ugly dots are relative to WLM9, not Sopair. I agree that they are ugly and useless, but I think they are here to allow us to differentiate each message sent (or received) when the option "group sequential messages" is activated... It's probably related to that. If it's not, I don't understand. :(

And yes, I would love to delete 'em. :D
RE: RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by djdannyp on 11-09-2008 at 10:17 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

Can you tell me how to do dis? I am a complete newbie with skinning. :)

All you have to do is replace picture ID 1749 with either a blank 12x7 box.....or with a 12x7 image of whatever you want to replace the dot with
RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by leyla-loveless on 01-19-2009 at 06:32 AM

not working :(

Help!

RE: RE: [Exclusive] Windows Live Messenger 9 Sopair by Willz on 01-19-2009 at 06:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leyla-loveless
not working :(

Help!

This skin is now outdated. It will NOT work on the new version of Windows Live Messenger 9. It was only built for the beta version of Messenger 9 which is now gone.