Shoutbox

eternally "signing in" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: eternally "signing in" (/showthread.php?tid=86062)

eternally "signing in" by jackp on 09-20-2008 at 11:37 PM

Whenever I try signing into WLM 2008, I just get the signing-in message and the rotating people until I click "cancel." I get no error message.

I can use the account I'm trying to sign into on other computers, on the same wired network. I can also use web-messengers from this computer and others. Whenever I try to sign in on this computer while using a web messenger, the web messenger will tell me that I have signed in elsewhere.

I have now completely disabled any firewalls on my computer, as well as trying to run WLM as an administrator (I'm on Vista Ultimate). Nothing works.

I've tried the registry fix to no avail, and have even uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Help?

Thanks

RE: eternally "signing in" by RaceProUK on 09-21-2008 at 12:54 AM

Firewalls won't be blocking Messenger. The problems you're having are simple network issues.

RE: eternally "signing in" by haydos on 09-21-2008 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Firewalls won't be blocking Messenger.
You'd be surprised. My AVG firewall has a habit of blocking Messenger if I don't ensure that it's in the allow list.
RE: RE: eternally "signing in" by jackp on 09-21-2008 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
Firewalls won't be blocking Messenger. The problems you're having are simple network issues.

Care to elaborate?

Even if the problems are network issues, I doubt they're "simple" as I can use ebuddy from this computer, and WLM on other computers which are on the same network.

And firewalls do actually block messenger. When I previously had Kaspersky Internet Security set up on another computer it refused to let Messenger through.
RE: eternally "signing in" by haydos on 09-21-2008 at 02:29 AM

When you say you're using WLM 2008, do you mean the BETA version of WLM9, or WLM8.5?

RE: eternally "signing in" by jackp on 09-21-2008 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Version 2008 (Build 8.5.1302.1018)