Shoutbox

How can i detect someone "appear offline" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How can i detect someone "appear offline" (/showthread.php?tid=86088)

How can i detect someone "appear offline" by speed0811 on 09-22-2008 at 12:46 PM

Is there some way to detect someone "apear offline"?i really want to konw my girlfriend's real status .

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Th3rmal on 09-22-2008 at 12:53 PM

Nope sorry :(
Btw, please search the forums before posting :)

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by RaPLeX on 09-22-2008 at 12:58 PM

Just ask her or get a new account and add her to see her status. There is legal and easy way to detect :P

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by djdannyp on 09-22-2008 at 01:14 PM

if you trust her that little that you're resorting to msn stalking i wouldn't suggest getting a new account, i'd suggest getting a new girlfriend!

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by RaPLeX on 09-22-2008 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
if you trust her that little that you're resorting to msn stalking i wouldn't suggest getting a new account, i'd suggest getting a new girlfriend!

good viewpoint.
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by speed0811 on 09-22-2008 at 02:06 PM

Oh!!!We are not in the same city ,everyday she switches off her cell phone in the day time ,only call me before her sleep ,i guess she has two phone number ,what should i do???

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by RaPLeX on 09-22-2008 at 02:09 PM

sorry then here is not relationships forum :/

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Spunky on 09-22-2008 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speed0811
i guess she has two phone number ,what should i do???

Get her other number? ^o)
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by RaPLeX on 09-22-2008 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Is there some way to detect someone "apear offline"?i really want to konw my girlfriend's real status .

quote:
Oh!!!We are not in the same city ,everyday she switches off her cell phone in the day time ,only call me before her sleep ,i guess she has two phone number ,what should i do???

if I were you i was divorced already
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by t90 on 09-25-2008 at 09:20 PM

my friend told me that she knows when i am in messenger and my status is appear offline, she dont want to tell me what is she using..so please can you help me

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by djdannyp on 09-25-2008 at 09:27 PM

To put it simply, She's lying. 

There is no 100% accurate method of telling if someone is "appearing offline"

There aren't even any semi-accurate methods, otherwise the status would be pointless.

unless of course she asks if you are there and you reply to her, that way she would be able to tell :P

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by t90 on 09-27-2008 at 09:37 PM

ok well today when i signed in into msn i was offline, and just after 10 seconds she sent me message, hey you came now!! so i think that she is not lying, but she dont want to tell me 8o|

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Spunky on 09-28-2008 at 11:59 AM

It's not impossible, but unless they know how to program and know their way around the MSN Protocol, it's very unlikely. Even that would not be 100% accurate and she wouldn't always get a message when you signed on and she wouldn't know if you'd signed back off.

The fact is, she can't do it.

EDIT: You could always make a script that blocks her when you are "appear offline" ;)

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by MeEtc on 09-28-2008 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by t90
ok well today when i signed in into msn i was offline, and just after 10 seconds she sent me message, hey you came now!! so i think that she is not lying, but she dont want to tell me 8o|
are you sure its not an offline message?
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by t90 on 09-29-2008 at 08:03 PM

yes i am sure its not an offline message! ok thank you for your answers, still i will try to find out what is she doing...:)

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by t90 on 10-09-2008 at 08:32 AM

hi it is me again :)

this morning my msn was opened my status was offline, and then appear normal message that my friend who i was talking about earlier is online, and right after that appear message something like - checkmessenger3.com is online...so she is using that program to know if i am online when appear off. can you tell me more about that program? thank you

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Thor on 10-09-2008 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by t90
hi it is me again :)

this morning my msn was opened my status was offline, and then appear normal message that my friend who i was talking about earlier is online, and right after that appear message something like - checkmessenger3.com is online...so she is using that program to know if i am online when appear off. can you tell me more about that program? thank you
It's still not possible. Most online "checkers" doesn't actually check anything and usually just steals your username and password.
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by t90 on 10-09-2008 at 10:11 AM

And when they steal it what they can do? destroy my messages.....? :(

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Jarrod on 10-09-2008 at 11:27 AM

well what u do is write a msg plus script to send your email a packet or something and trick them into installing it by packaging it with another script:P

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by MeEtc on 10-09-2008 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by t90
And when they steal it what they can do? destroy my messages.....? :(
send all of your contacts really annoying spam messages and advertisements, in hopes your friends will sign up too, so the site can steal their passwords too
RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by Jarrod on 10-10-2008 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by t90
ok well today when i signed in into msn i was offline, and just after 10 seconds she sent me messag
i remember doing that with live notifier

RE: How can i detect someone "appear offline" by ChicaRacing on 10-12-2008 at 02:33 AM

I know this is an old topic but for anyone who could be interested about how could she knew with this kind of checkers, i was reading all the posts and none told this guy that he should block this option in msn to avoid this "checkers" to see his real status:

[Image: msnbw3.jpg]

This way no checker at all will see your real status again :P