Shoutbox

I don't get offline messages!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: I don't get offline messages!! (/showthread.php?tid=86103)

I don't get offline messages!! by stavrosgalatsi on 09-23-2008 at 12:05 AM

Hi!I have a problem..I usually log in to WLM as offline,but i don't get any messages from anyone,and i need this because some friends know that even if i appear offline I am in.And this is odd because some months ago I could get the messages,but suddenly it stopped!and also I have some problems with the sharing folders:when someone puts a file in,it starts to sychronize but it never goes more than 0%!Sorry for my english,it's not my mother language.
I use WLM 8.5.1302.1018 in XP Professional (Version 2002) with SP2.
And I also have Zone Alarm Security,but I am not sure if this is a problem,because when I'm online I get the messages.
Thansk,I'm waiting for your help..

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by zabrak on 09-23-2008 at 08:12 AM

the heck?

RE: RE: I don't get offline messages!! by stavrosgalatsi on 09-23-2008 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zabrak
the heck?

???
RE: I don't get offline messages!! by guanako on 09-23-2008 at 04:57 PM

if you don't get any messages when appearing offline, they probably don't know you are there> how about if you talk to them first? can they MSG u back? sharing folders tend to lag sometimes depends on the connections, try deleting them and re sync all.

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by stavrosgalatsi on 09-23-2008 at 08:49 PM

:) i am told that they send me msgs!!Some people know that I appear offline and they do send me msgs but I never get them..Once I signed in from another pc and I got offline msgs from the lst three months,so there is a problem with my computer..

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by Basilis on 09-23-2008 at 08:53 PM

Have you tried re-installing your Messenger?

Welcome to the forum Stavro. :)

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by stavrosgalatsi on 09-23-2008 at 09:09 PM

nai vevaia!ekana k katharismo registy k cache alla tpt..
geia sou Vasilh..

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by guanako on 09-23-2008 at 09:53 PM

i cant remember good enough but there is an option to select "show a link to my offline messages" which will tell u on the contact list if you received offline msgs.

[and by the way speak English plsz] :)
[u][b]

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by stavrosgalatsi on 09-23-2008 at 10:14 PM

sorry,my mistake!!I said before that i have tried re-installing it,and the option you refer to is enabled of course..

RE: I don't get offline messages!! by daywalker on 10-04-2008 at 04:06 AM

I am having the same problem and have done evertihing as stated here and still no joy plz help