Shoutbox

Windows live messenger won't appear - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Windows live messenger won't appear (/showthread.php?tid=86106)

Windows live messenger won't appear by fufuriceball on 09-23-2008 at 01:50 AM

I have searched through these forums. But nothing really helps, I have been searching and doing what ever it tells me to do to make my windows live messenger pop up. But it doesn't work! I have tried reinstalling and deleting everything that relates to it. Especially using something like ccleaner to delete every file I missed. ^o) So... Any body got a idea whats going on?

Oh and I also have a Windows vista, I don't know if it may be the problem I'm not sure. Or if the files are corrupted.

RE: Windows live messenger won't appear by bigb88 on 09-23-2008 at 03:13 AM

if u installed the messenger plus did u try and reboot cuz my ex had a prob she loaded a skin and was on vista and had to restart the pc for it to go cuz wlm would come up and go away

RE: Windows live messenger won't appear by Burningmace on 09-23-2008 at 11:20 PM

Check your system for malware. Ad-Aware is a comprehensive and free anti-malware application. If you already have an anti-virus package, download the latest AV definitions for it and do a full system scan. After that, try completely removing WLM and Plus! from your computer - both in terms of files and registry entries. Then re-install the latest versions of both (although I'd suggest against the WLM 9 Beta) and try again.

RE: Windows live messenger won't appear by Tarkuz on 10-01-2008 at 01:22 PM

I guess i have a similar problem......

When i start up messenger i get to see in the bottumbar that messenger has start up. (i see a button of windows live messenger)
But i dont see any window on my desktop where i can login.
When i rightclick on the bottumbar (on messenger button) and click close, i see from the right of my screen that a window is shutting down, but i dont see that screen on my desktop, i only see it disapearing from the right of my screen.

Anyone knows what this is?

RE: Windows live messenger won't appear by Basilis on 10-01-2008 at 01:27 PM

Do you have a skin enabled? If you do, delete the skin's folder and try to open Messenger again. Sometimes, a skin may causing Messenger to not show. :)