Shoutbox

Stephen Kings "The Mist" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Stephen Kings "The Mist" (/showthread.php?tid=86126)

Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Jimbo on 09-24-2008 at 06:03 AM

I watched this film the other day, i thought it was pretty good, but theres a couple of things i dont get.
During the film, that army guy said that they were trying to open a window to another world, so i assume thats where the monsters came from, but why then at the end of the film did they burn down the trees, which then seemed to clear the mist?

RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Makami on 09-24-2008 at 07:03 AM

It wasn't the trees specifically the army was burning down. They were killing the monsters that had slipped through the "window". It just happened that the trees were harbouring the monsters, and to get them, the trees had to go.

As for the mist lifting, I haven't been able to tell if that was done for the viewers or actually happened during the movie. I think it was just done at the end to help create closure/add to the effect of what he'd just done moments before.

RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Jimbo on 09-24-2008 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Makami
It wasn't the trees specifically the army was burning down. They were killing the monsters that had slipped through the "window". It just happened that the trees were harbouring the monsters, and to get them, the trees had to go.

As for the mist lifting, I haven't been able to tell if that was done for the viewers or actually happened during the movie. I think it was just done at the end to help create closure/add to the effect of what he'd just done moments before.
Thanks, i think that clears it up a bit. Welcome to the forums by the way :)
RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Ezra on 09-24-2008 at 03:47 PM

I thought it sucked, the acting was bad, the storyline about the religious freaks was dumb and the ending was corny.

Gave it 0,5 stars

RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by jrlumba on 09-24-2008 at 09:30 PM

I hate the ending so much. :(
I wish it was a happy ending or
at least something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPE2A6b2C0&feature=related

RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Panachiba on 09-24-2008 at 09:44 PM

Lol, the movie sucks :P..

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
the storyline about the religious freaks was dumb

Lol, yeah..that was..so..WTF??

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
and the ending was corny.

Was very sad and stupid :S..
RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Divine Dragon on 10-01-2008 at 01:46 PM

Saw it recently as well. I liked the idea of the story, and the angle it was seen from, but I think the film itself and the portrayal of what's going on with each of the characters personally could have used some work.

Probably didn't put that right, either way it was a decent film. 7.5/10 for me. 

RE: RE: Stephen Kings "The Mist" by Discrate2 on 10-01-2008 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon
Saw it recently as well. I liked the idea of the story, and the angle it was seen from, but I think the film itself and the portrayal of what's going on with each of the characters personally could have used some work.

Probably didn't put that right, either way it was a decent film. 7.5/10 for me. 

I watched the mist the other day too, it was pretty good! good movie.

Anywayz back on topic,

DIVINE DRAGON YOU NOOB! go get a bit of rope and hang yourself you sad excuse for a human.