Shoutbox

Service is temporarly unavailable? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Service is temporarly unavailable? (/showthread.php?tid=86138)

Service is temporarly unavailable? by zabrak on 09-24-2008 at 08:13 PM

"Signing in to Windows Live Messenger Beta failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later.

Error code: 8000ffff "

This is when I try to sign into the lateset 9.0 beta

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by madman_on_loose on 09-24-2008 at 09:16 PM

If u have AVG antivirus installed disable msn protection in WebShield...and i recommend to install 8.5 final version cause it doesn't crash at all...:D

RE: RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by zabrak on 09-25-2008 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by madman_on_loose
If u have AVG antivirus installed disable msn protection in WebShield...and i recommend to install 8.5 final version cause it doesn't crash at all...:D

I did that and it still doesn't sign in. And you'd think the public beta should work anyway.
RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by RebelSean on 09-25-2008 at 03:34 PM

Did you install the entire suite or use the standalone installers found on the internet?

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by guanako on 09-25-2008 at 07:42 PM

ok the same question again, could you just say whats wrong with them?

RE: RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by zabrak on 09-26-2008 at 04:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
Did you install the entire suite or use the standalone installers found on the internet?

Uhm, I downloaded it off their website.
RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by Chris4 on 10-01-2008 at 07:58 AM

zambrak, I am having the same problem.

Jonathan Kay says it is because one of the components has not been installed or failed to install.

Here's the solution:

quote:
Thanks for the info. I unistalled all Windows Live components including the
Outlook Connector and Live Sign In Assistant both of which I missed before.
I used Revo Uninstaller to make sure the file system and registry had no
traces of these applications. Then I ran CCleaner to review and fix and
registry orphans which I found only a couple. Rebooted a couple of time and
re-ran Revo and CCleaner to again be through. It worked like a charm. I
installed Windows Live again and this time WLM worked without a flaw.

So basically uninstall everything, reboot, use CCleaner if you have it or download it and scan registry. Then install.

Download the full package too. The wlsetup-web.exe causes problems, for me at least.
RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by kaj70 on 11-06-2009 at 07:38 AM

Hi
I have the same problem,  but mine occured after removing a partition on my harddrive to make one. nothing was deleted. but ater thatmy messenger no longer works. 
I have followed all the steps i can find mentioned. and my msn is still not working. it is driving me mad.  at the same time my IE is having problems aswell where i am unable to save a page to favourites and my favourite bar has been removed from the top of the page.

I have vista laptop. the newest messsenger download.

any further advice would be much appreciated.   thanks

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by Chris4 on 11-06-2009 at 07:45 AM

Hm, well if nothing was deleted from the partition then it doesn't make sense that it's causing all these problems.  Do you get any error messages?

Maybe you could try a chkdsk to fix problems or even a repair install.

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by kaj70 on 11-06-2009 at 08:00 AM

When i try to sign in to messenger i get a box  saying 

"we cant sign you in to windows live messenger.  service is temporarily unavailable, please sign in later. error code 8000ffff.  thats all i get up. 

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by kaj70 on 11-06-2009 at 08:11 AM

Hi, i just tried the ckdsk. and it wont let me do it as it says the disk is in use!! i dont reallt know what that means so i closed everything down that i didnt need open and still wouldnt let me do it.  i have also tried your other sugestion!.. baffelling

Ok i didnt read it properly, sorry. i have now restarted my laptop and proceeding with the ckdsk. i will let you know what happens.

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by Chris4 on 11-06-2009 at 08:20 AM

Ok no problem. (Y)

RE: Service is temporarly unavailable? by kaj70 on 11-06-2009 at 08:20 AM

no, that still hasnt resolved the issue.. :(

hi, i am still having lots of problems. i have followed every bit of advice i can find on the internet help forums.  my favourites bar in IE doesnt work either i have just found out. all my favourites are missing, and i did have a quick favourites menu bar which has now disappeared. 
I think my only other option is to take the laptop back to factory settings!?   or throw it out of the window!!  AAAaarrrrggghhhhh