Shoutbox

HOW THE WORLD WILL END - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: HOW THE WORLD WILL END (/showthread.php?tid=86139)

HOW THE WORLD WILL END by taborgirl on 09-24-2008 at 08:37 PM

Today, in my guitar class, (we hardly play guitar in guitar class..) we were talking about how we think the world will end, and if we think theres any other life forms out their and what happens when we die.. and all of a sudden my guitar teacher, started talking about all these random theories about how the world will end and he basically said this :

Life is nothing.
Life is in your mind, like a dream. We think its real, because we feel, breathe and react with everything around us. But we don’t. All life truly is, is a extremely dense dream, to a point that you think you can feel, sense, learn, grow, taste, touch everything. When you go to sleep, you think life carries on around you. It doesn’t.
What happens when you die? 
Can you even die? What happens if you were never really alive to begin with ?
Your just a mind, some even think your mind, is your soul. So your frankly a soul within a body, your body means nothing to you, its like a home, a cave. Something to protect your soul. You control everything with your mind. Because it’s a dream, and when you dream, it’s a dream within dream. Have you ever had a dream, where you ‘woke up’ and were doing what you normally do everyday. But then you actually wake up, and think, WOAH was I dreaming? or living? That is what life is. We think were experiencing it, but were not! When you feel your ready to ‘die’, you will, your body will. Then your mind will go to a new body, or life form and your soul continues on.
No one knows what life truly is, but maybe I do…

I dont really know what to think of it...
do you?

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by djdannyp on 09-24-2008 at 09:11 PM

If life was a dream then I'd be married to Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie and be sleeping with Kelly Brook and Lindsay Lohan on the side (I think you get the idea)

It's definitely not a dream...and it's kinda a hypothetical question as to how the world will end, because it is a near certainty that none of us will be around to see it.

As for other life out there, it's almost certain that there is (there can't be an infinite amount of space with nothing it it and just by pure coincidence there be one planet with the conditions for all the variable kinds of creatures we have)

Although I think that other [intelligent] life is far more likely to find us than we are to find it, as there's a hell of a lot going on on our planet, compared to not much on any of the others ("nearby" ones anyway)

Of course any philosophical debate could hinge on the definitions of almost any word I've used :P

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by taborgirl on 09-24-2008 at 09:17 PM

lol, yea I guess so.
I deffinately think theres a lot more than us on earth though. I think that there has to be life on every single planet, if not, then why would there even be a planet if nothing was on it, or in it?

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Voldemort on 09-24-2008 at 09:21 PM

those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head.

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by andrewdodd13 on 09-24-2008 at 10:15 PM

And since I fell for that spell, I am living there as well

Ohhhhh! :)

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Chancer on 09-25-2008 at 01:10 AM

If you think we are really dreaming, that's because "somewhere" "we" are sleeping. So, when we wake up, that will be "real life". Therefore, there is a real life.
Consequently, your argument is not valid.

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by ShawnZ on 09-25-2008 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by taborgirl
our just a mind, some even think your mind, is your soul.

good thing souls don't exist?
RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Voldemort on 09-25-2008 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
If you think we are really dreaming, that's because "somewhere" "we" are sleeping
When I wake up early in the morning, lift my head, I'm still yawning. When I'm in the middle of a dream, stay in bed, float up stream!

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by NiteMare on 09-25-2008 at 04:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by taborgirl
HOW THE WORLD WILL END
WDZ farts
Sam Lights it
We all die in the nuclear winter
The end
RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Th3rmal on 09-25-2008 at 05:09 AM

If life is in my mind, shouldnt i be able to delete/forget/kill/purge things that i dont want?

This whole thing sounds like something out of the Matrix :P

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Lindsay Lohan
substitute that for jessica alba...

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by NiteMare on 09-25-2008 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
If life is in my mind, should i be able to delete/forget/kill/purge things that i dont want?
don't try to bend the spoon, thats impossible, just try to realize the truth, there is no spoon.

RE: RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Volv on 09-25-2008 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
If you think we are really dreaming, that's because "somewhere" "we" are sleeping. So, when we wake up, that will be "real life". Therefore, there is a real life.
Consequently, your argument is not valid.
I think his point is that we have no real physical form and there exists no Earth or solar system, our entire world is just a 'pulse of energy' (or something like that) which gave rise to a (his) consciousness which in turn imagined an entire universe i.e. as the world came into being with him, so it will disappear as he ceases to be.
quote:
But I have convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies. Does it now follow that I too do not exist? No. If I convinced myself of something [or thought anything at all] then I certainly existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who is deliberately and constantly deceiving me. In that case I too undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me; and let him deceive me as much as he can, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something. So, after considering everything very thoroughly, I must finally conclude that the proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind.

Cogito, ergo sum (Latin: "I think, therefore I am")

"I think, therefore I am" - I know I (my consciousness) exist, but how do I know that anything else does?
RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by RaPLeX on 09-25-2008 at 08:19 AM

The end will never come for us.

For the world? i dont know, try :google:

http://www.google.com.tr/search?hl=tr&q=HOW+THE+W...gle%27da+Ara&meta=

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by taborgirl on 09-25-2008 at 11:02 PM

haha yea
thats my guitar teacher for yea :)

but i kinda think that we cant really change anything by just thinking it,  we have to physically make it happen

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by SchizoidSkullz on 02-27-2009 at 11:47 PM

My friends and I have come to believe that we are all digital beings in an arcade game. The 'end of the world' is simply what the kid who is playing said arcade game tells us, so as we don't realize he has run out of quarters and is on his last life.
-----------------------
We've also put thought into the theory that the governments have made us believe that which we cannot prove without using them as source. Hence, there are no other planets. And the Sun doesn't exist. The governments have worked together (for once(or so they'd like us to believe)) to build a flashlight which they have strategically hung on a rope that dangles from a very tall tree that they've hidden using the Eifel Tower. When the moon appears, they've simply turned off "Hi" and turned the switch to "Lo."
--------------
Would have you.

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Chris4 on 02-28-2009 at 12:08 AM

I'm not very good at explaining deep stuff like this :P but life is life, it's not some stupid "dream" or an "arcade game". I'm a guy who doesn't believe in religion and hate stupid theories like this. An 'Atheist' if you will. How can you ask "How will the world end?" ? Unless you can look into the future, nobody knows! O.o

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Quantum on 02-28-2009 at 12:14 AM

http://www.endofworld.net/

RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by blessedguy on 02-28-2009 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head.
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
And since I fell for that spell, I am living there as well

Ohhhhh! :)
Time is so short and I'm sure... there must be something morewrong....

[Oh, there is something wrong! =D People trying to see the future and not living/playing/beliving/what-so-ever the today =O]
RE: RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by dimitrije2212 on 03-10-2009 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SchizoidSkullz
My friends and I have come to believe that we are all digital beings in an arcade game. The 'end of the world' is simply what the kid who is playing said arcade game tells us, so as we don't realize he has run out of quarters and is on his last life.
-----------------------
We've also put thought into the theory that the governments have made us believe that which we cannot prove without using them as source. Hence, there are no other planets. And the Sun doesn't exist. The governments have worked together (for once(or so they'd like us to believe)) to build a flashlight which they have strategically hung on a rope that dangles from a very tall tree that they've hidden using the Eifel Tower. When the moon appears, they've simply turned off "Hi" and turned the switch to "Lo."
--------------
Would have you.
Nice idea!xaxa:D(Y);)
RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by Th3rmal on 03-10-2009 at 08:31 PM

quote:
-----------------------
--------------
Would have you.
Did the government make you have illicit drugs before having those ideas? :P
RE: RE: HOW THE WORLD WILL END by matt on 03-11-2009 at 03:24 AM

quote:
-----------------------
--------------
Would have you.

rofl.  you and your friend should get off the Xbox dude.

Otherwise i don't think that the world will end soon. we should just enjoy what we have in our "dream of life" (obviously it's not a dream) ;)