Shoutbox

Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! (/showthread.php?tid=86170)

Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Patchou on 09-26-2008 at 05:10 PM

Heya,

the results are in! After a careful review of all the skins we received during the contest, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the winners:

Deformity Category

1st Place: Crytal Lab by ZOiD  winner of a Cintiq 12WX.

2nd Place: SilverGlazz by LuckyMe  winner of an Intuos3 6*8.

[Image: skins_deformity_forum.jpg]

Originality Category

1st Place: Stormless Messenger by mynetx  winner of a Cintiq 12WX.

2nd Place: Beaver and Steve by aNILEator  winner of an Intuos3 6*8.

[Image: skins_originality_forum.jpg]

Functionality Category

1st Place: Wii Messenger by Ethan Li  winner of a Cintiq 12WX.

2nd Place: Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456  winner of an Intuos3 6*8.

...and the big winner of this contest, all categories considered is...

Top Place: Oil Slick by Volv who wins the Cintiq 20WXS!

[Image: skins_functionality_forum.jpg]

Congratulations to all of you and a big round of applause (queue /sapplause) to every other contestant. 20 million skin packages have been downloaded since last year on this site alone, you can bet your work was certainely not in vain. Enjoy the rest while you can, a new version of Messenger Plus! will soon be released to let you update your skins for the new Messenge 9 Beta. More about that probably next week... :-).

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Vilkku on 09-26-2008 at 05:12 PM

Congratulations to all the winners!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by matty on 09-26-2008 at 05:17 PM

Congrats Volv and everyone else!

Now have another scripting competition... main prize for scripts was $500 main prize for skins is worth $2000+ :P.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Menthix on 09-26-2008 at 05:18 PM

Congratulations people :D. All well deserved winners!

No screenie for functionality WLM 2009 skin?

EDIT: All winners now featured on http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/featured/

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by mynetx on 09-26-2008 at 05:22 PM

Whoa, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

After all, all thanks goes to the person who inspired me ;)

(Congratulations to all other winners as well.)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by vaccination on 09-26-2008 at 05:44 PM

Strange choices but okay. Congrats to volv and nile, etc.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Eljay on 09-26-2008 at 05:45 PM

Congratulations to everyone who won :)

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Now have another scripting competition... main prize for scripts was $500 main prize for skins is worth $2000+ :P.

I totally agree :P
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Sunshine on 09-26-2008 at 06:07 PM

Congrats everybody.

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
As if a skin with 20 scantily dressed women didn't impress enough to win!
Neither did my very original way of Holiday theming
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by djdannyp on 09-26-2008 at 06:19 PM

Well done guys

Jealous much :P

As if a skin with 20 scantily dressed women didn't impress enough to win!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Mnjul on 09-26-2008 at 06:19 PM

Congratulations everyone :clap:

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by tony on 09-26-2008 at 06:32 PM

Congrats guys!!!! :D

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Jimbo on 09-26-2008 at 06:41 PM

Congrats! Hope you enjoy the prizes :)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Basilis on 09-26-2008 at 06:43 PM

Congratulations to all the winners. :)

Seems my 70 options weren't enough. :(

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Kenji on 09-26-2008 at 06:44 PM

Congrats to everyone who won.  :o)

* Kenji gets on a plane to Australia..

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Cintiq 20WXS
20WSX* (A)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by warmth on 09-26-2008 at 07:03 PM

Great job guys... well done... congrats to all of you... specially to those that are my friends :P

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by x2zen on 09-26-2008 at 07:08 PM

Congratulations to the winners :o)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by aNILEator on 09-26-2008 at 07:15 PM

Oh hay!

Awesome :) I kept forgetting about the results announcement, even from the fake thread earlier >_< the power of women aye :P

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by RaPLeX on 09-26-2008 at 07:19 PM

Congratulations everyone

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by prashker on 09-26-2008 at 07:38 PM

I call dibs on packages that get shipped back to sender!

Congrats Volv, you lucky bastard :p

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by NanaFreak on 09-26-2008 at 08:08 PM

Grats to all... big one to Volv who one the big one =o

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by roflmao456 on 09-26-2008 at 08:13 PM

quote:
2nd Place: Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456  winner of an Intuos3 6*8.
yay :D
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Hinyer on 09-26-2008 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Congratulations to all the winners!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by valeria-elfo on 09-26-2008 at 08:35 PM

:o) Congratulations everyone 

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Nagamasa on 09-26-2008 at 08:50 PM

Huh...I just kinda woke up from 3 hours of intense badminton. So yeah.

I say something when I actually wake up

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by ryxdp on 09-26-2008 at 09:57 PM

Congratulations :D

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by blackjack on 09-26-2008 at 10:18 PM

Congratulations to the winners :banana:

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Th3rmal on 09-27-2008 at 12:17 AM

Congrats everyone!

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I call dibs on packages that get shipped back to sender!
I call dibs on intercepting those packages.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Willz on 09-27-2008 at 12:23 AM

congrats to all winners, enjoy your prizes and gloating privileges

btw for those thinking there's weird choices in there, well just remember that the contest was not judged on personal preference, each skin was taken into account and looked at from a technical and visual stand point. So don't get into the discussion of the winners not being good enough.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Chris4 on 09-27-2008 at 12:56 AM

Congrats everyone :)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Volv on 09-27-2008 at 01:50 AM

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!
* Volv RUNS AROUND FRANTICALLY, HITS A WALL, AND DROPS TO THE GROUND SEMICONSCIOUS

Thank you so, so much Patchou, and to all the users who have downloaded and used my skin!!!
Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever won anything (apart from a small packet of musk sticks about 10 years ago in 4th grade (kinda sad really) :p Now I need to go out and celebrate :D

Once again, thank you so very much! and congratulations to all of the other winners!

RE: RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by LuckyMe on 09-27-2008 at 02:37 AM

I´m very happy happy with the results, specially when patchou says I win :D , so I want to say thanks to Patchou and all his team, they give us the chance to be here, congrats to Volv and specially to ZOiD (man, a second is always better than a third :P ) and of course to the rest of the winners.

I think i must retribute this prize with more skins so people can expect more of my contributions to the database, one last thing, I will not be happy until i get a first place (6) so i hope there will be another contest someday :P

1321432532 million thanks to all SilverGlazz users, also to people like felipEx, Choli, Chrono (did i forgot you?) ZOiD, and every member of the spanish community

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::clap::clap::clap:

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Chrono on 09-27-2008 at 02:49 AM

Congrats everyone! Specially Zoid and LuckyMe, members of the spanish community :D

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by zach on 09-27-2008 at 05:37 AM

Congrats!
lol, Deformity.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
btw for those thinking there's weird choices in there, well just remember that the contest was not judged on personal preference, each skin was taken into account and looked at from a technical and visual stand point. So don't get into the discussion of the winners not being good enough.
Finally, were you one of the judges or Patchou reviewed them on his own?

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by vaccination on 09-27-2008 at 08:02 AM

quote:
each skin was taken into account and looked at from a technical and visual stand point..
So was my opinion.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by ahmetgns on 09-27-2008 at 08:43 AM

Congratulations to every contestant for participating, then winners for winning :P

However, in Oil Slick's options the drop down menu for Display pic size cannot be opened easily. The biggest winner should be supposed to be bugless imho. But really I liked that skin and started using it.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Menthix on 09-27-2008 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
were you one of the judges or Patchou reviewed them on his own?
Patchou, Willz and me.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Basilis on 09-27-2008 at 10:25 AM

What were the criteria of choosing the skins for each category?

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by aNILEator on 09-27-2008 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Now I need to go out and celebrate :D

I went to a metal club :) with girlfriend, shame she's just been really ill and doesn't want to do anything much for weeks now :( BUT now I can just go doodle on my computer/s :P

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Choli on 09-27-2008 at 11:06 AM

Congratulations to all of the winners! Your skins are very nice :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Congrats everyone! Specially Zoid and LuckyMe, members of the spanish community :D
yay! :banana:
it seems that our spanish forums members Zoid and LuckyMe are experts in deformity! ;)
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Nagamasa on 09-27-2008 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
it seems that our spanish forums members Zoid and LuckyMe are experts in deformity! ;)
And the Canadians are good at functionality!
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by John Anderton on 09-27-2008 at 08:47 PM

Volv, I want to have your babies (L)
:P

Congratulations to all the winners. Great job by everyone! :)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by foaly on 09-27-2008 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Huh...I just kinda woke up from 3 hours of intense badminton. So yeah.

I say something when I actually wake up
I have to wake up in about 3 hours for some intense badminton. So I'll keep it short, congrats to the winners!!
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Voldemort on 09-27-2008 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
(apart from a small packet of musk sticks about 10 years ago in 4th grade (kinda sad really)
the sad thing is that you remember :P
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by absorbation on 09-28-2008 at 12:11 PM

Congratulations everyone :)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by mezzanine on 09-28-2008 at 12:25 PM

I hear congratulations are in order for our dearest Volv.
* mezzanine bows

His skin is the only one I have ever used and liked.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by BüYüCü on 09-28-2008 at 10:18 PM

Congrulations...

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by MicroWay on 09-29-2008 at 02:36 AM

Congratulations to all skinners!!!
Amazing job
;)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by mathieumg on 09-29-2008 at 02:53 AM

Gratz to all who won and/or participated! :)

Thanks to Patchou and MPlus!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by The Alpha Gamer on 10-05-2008 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Enjoy the rest while you can, a new version of Messenger Plus! will soon be released to let you update your skins for the new Messenge 9 Beta. More about that probably next week... :-).

Well next week is over, any news yet?
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Willz on 10-05-2008 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Alpha Gamer

the keyword patchou used in that sentence was probably, which means depending on where things are at. So its better to just let him do his thing and just wait until he is ready to announce something.  So yeah do not take his sentences too literally because the last thing we wanna do is put a sense of urgency in all of this and make him rush a release.
RE: RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by The Alpha Gamer on 10-06-2008 at 02:06 AM

quote:
quote:

the keyword patchou used in that sentence was probably, which means depending on where things are at. So its better to just let him do his thing and just wait until he is ready to announce something.  So yeah do not take his sentences too literally because the last thing we wanna do is put a sense of urgency in all of this and make him rush a release.

Speak for yourself, aslong as i can finally try WLM9 with contacts on desktop, i don't care how rushed it is
RE: RE: RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by davidpolitis on 10-08-2008 at 10:08 AM

quote:
Speak for yourself, aslong as i can finally try WLM9 with contacts on desktop, i don't care how rushed it is
Just use WLM 8.5 for the time being or wait. When you release software, quality and testing is essential.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Felu on 10-08-2008 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Uh... You think you're the only person who is going to use the new version? And just in case you think so, let me tell you you're WRONG! Plus! have more than 50 millions users other than you. You think things are going to be just the way you want them to be? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is NO!
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Lou on 10-08-2008 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
quote:
Uh... You think you're the only person who is going to use the new version? And just in case you think so, let me tell you you're WRONG! Plus! have more than 50 millions users other than you. You think things are going to be just the way you want them to be? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is NO!
Besides, he said "more about that probably next week", and not "That will be released next week". To me that seems to mean "more information about that probably next week".
RE: RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by the sad eye on 10-08-2008 at 06:00 PM

quote:

Besides, he said "more about that probably next week", and not "That will be released next week". To me that seems to mean "more information about that probably next week".

If it will be released that's Great, if just is going to be more information bring it on, Just please  DON'T keep us in the dark .....
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by RebelSean on 10-08-2008 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the sad eye

If it will be released that's Great, if just is going to be more information bring it on, Just please  DON'T keep us in the dark .....

Well I hate to say this but Patchou's ultimate plan of becoming a millionaire from his spyware has failed. He's been left without power for a week now because he couldn't afford to pay his electric bill. So until further notice, Plus! is on hold until a few thousand people install his spyware program.

* RebelSean runs.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Nagamasa on 10-08-2008 at 08:11 PM

Just got it today :D

Thanks Patch! I'm kinda figuring out where to put stuff and yeah. Pix when I do get everything set up :)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by user27089 on 10-08-2008 at 08:14 PM

Congratulations to everyone who has won something, those prizes are seriously unbelievable, but deserved for the people who put in loads of time and effort to develop the skins :).

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by roflmao456 on 10-10-2008 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Just got it today :D

Thanks Patch! I'm kinda figuring out where to put stuff and yeah. Pix when I do get everything set up :)
i never got mines yet :(
but the email said by the end of next (this) week so il check the mail today later this evening :P

:) http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86552
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by rebuloso on 10-18-2008 at 10:22 AM

congrats!(H)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by roflmao456 on 10-20-2008 at 09:45 PM

well then so we are winners, do we get a custom user title like the scripting winners? (A)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Quantum on 10-20-2008 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
well then so we are winners, do we get a custom user title like the scripting winners? (A)

lol. The scripting winners got a t-shirt and the skinners fot thousands of dollars worth of goods :P

Don't push your luck :O

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by mynetx on 10-20-2008 at 09:53 PM

Well the skinning winners got wonderful goods and a polo shirt... at least me (A)
But a custom usertitle is a good idea nevertheless imo ;)

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Menthix on 10-20-2008 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
scripting winners got a t-shirt
There were money prizes in the scripting contest. T-shirts were for everybody who even submitted a script.
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by prashker on 10-20-2008 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
T-shirts were for everybody who even submitted a script.

(a) *runs*
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Nagamasa on 10-20-2008 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Well the skinning winners got wonderful goods and a polo shirt... at least me (A)
I got a t-shirt and a few pins:P I like t-shirts more anyways :)

Yeah a custom title does sound nice :D

Speaking of which, I'll take pix when I take my camera downstairs :P I'm a lazy bum I know :P
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Willz on 10-20-2008 at 11:24 PM

I think the custom titles are a good idea, I think I suggested it earlier as well. Everyone likes an ego boost right? ;)

But if they get to have a custom title then so do I :refuck:

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Patchou on 10-21-2008 at 03:15 AM

I'll do that, in time.

Note about every winner: you should all have gotten your tablet now. If not, please email me ASAP.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Chrono on 10-21-2008 at 03:26 AM

Zoid got it already ;o

he'll post some pics at some point :P

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by WDZ on 10-21-2008 at 05:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
Finally... I've been wondering when someone would ask that. =o

I think it makes sense to set the titles of the 7 winners to "Skinning Contest Winner"... I'd do it right now, but apparently Patchou volunteered to do it himself... :p
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Patchou on 10-21-2008 at 06:38 AM

na, I volunteered to do shirts... everything concerning the forum is up to you Darth DZ

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Eddie on 10-21-2008 at 06:40 AM

Lol Patchou quit jabbering and get a compatible version of MP!L released. Joking of course.

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Th3rmal on 10-21-2008 at 07:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Joking of course.
Deep inside you were serious :P
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by ZOiD on 10-24-2008 at 03:30 AM

Hello!!!
i have now my tablet  (H)
And thanks in advance Patchou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seelater!!!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by mynetx on 10-24-2008 at 07:19 AM

I have also received my tablet a week ago. I had just been too lazy to transfer the photos to the PC... (A)
Anyways, look what else I found in the package:

[Image: shirtxh2.jpg]

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Spunky on 10-24-2008 at 09:49 AM

quote:
I have also received my tablet a week ago. I had just been too lazy to transfer the photos to the PC... (A)

:o I was supposed to be getting a T-shirt... 2 years ago :p lol

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Th3rmal on 10-24-2008 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

:o I was supposed to be getting a T-shirt... 2 years ago :p lol
Dont give up hope spunky, it may arrive one day :P

Also would be nice to see some skins created with the help of the prizes, see the difference they might be able to make :)
RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Felu on 10-24-2008 at 12:23 PM

Enough of your "I haven't yet received my scripting contest tee" Spunky, isn't it :P?

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by matty on 10-28-2008 at 07:39 PM

Forget the T-Shirt photos take photos of you guys with your new tablets!

RE: Skinning Contest - Here are the winners! by Malaz on 10-31-2008 at 08:39 PM

Congratulations to everyone who won :)